Chapter 12

Zach's POV

          Laken has been sleeping for a long time. I woke up about an hour ago. But I need to get her up so she can get ready for her party, I mean, it's her birthday she can't sleep all day. I shake her awake carefully. She finally wakes up and rubs her eyes, before smiling at me. " Happy birthday, beautiful," I whisper. She leans forward and places a kiss on my lips. " What was that for," I smile. " I told you," she sits it," That's what I wanted for my birthday." I look at her, while she sits there. She runs her hand through her hair and flips it to one side. " I'm freaking 17 now Zach, 17!" She excites. I smile at her while she takes a few selfies on her phone. Laken is like a puppy. I mean that in the best way possible. She's full of energy but at the same time she goes into things without worrying about the outcome. Like a puppy will go to run down the stairs not knowing they are to small and they're going to topple over and roll down the rest of the way. " Okay, get. I gotta get ready and so do you," She shoos. I roll my eyes, laughing, before standing up and walking out of her room. I walk back the guest room and change into the clothes I brought specifically for her birthday. After that I gel my hair, which takes a long time. 

          I finally finish and the wait for Laken to finish begins. I sit on the bed in the room I'm staying in and scroll through Instagram. I see somebody walk in the room and look up to see Justin. " Can you drive?" He asks. I laugh and think about the trashcan and stop sign," Yeah sorta." Justin laughs to himself," Here's an address, when my sister finishes getting ready can you bring her there? Just take her car. This is where her party is." He hands me a piece of paper before leaving the room and walking downstairs. I plug the address into my phone and hear the front door shut, meaning Justin had left and it was just Laken and I. I walk to her room and knock on the door. " Hey Laken, can I come in?" I ask. " Yeah, I'm just doing my make up," she says muffled. I walk in the room and see her sitting at her makeup desk. " You look amazing," she smiles at me. " And you look drop dead gorgeous, as usual," I say walking up behind her and wrapping my arms around her shoulders. I place a kiss on her cheek. " You're gonna mess up my makeup," she drags. I roll my eyes," as if you need it." She continues to do her makeup and when she finally finishes we can leave and head to the party.

          I pull into the venue and it is a huge convention area. " Woah," she says quietly, stepping out of her car. I get out and walk over to her and grab her hand. " You ready?" I ask, as we start towards the entrance. " I think I am," she smiles. As we get closer to the entrance we see Justin warding off paparazzi. Laken releases my hand and walks over. " Hey guys, can you please leave my brother alone-" Laken starts but Justin interrupts her," They aren't here for me, they're hear for you. But they're being bothersome." Laken looks back at me, as if for back up. I fast walk over to her and grab her hand again. Then I turn to the paparazzi," Hey guys, Laken promises to answer your questions soon like maybe after the party or tomorrow, but today is her birthday so if you could please leave her be. It's her day," I say then smile over at her. They back off and we take the opportunity to walk inside. Right off the bat she is greeted by her parents and friends with tons of balloons. " Hey, Laken I'll be right back," I say, smiling at her before walking back outside of the venue. I pull out my phone and send a message. 

Are you here yet?

Laken's POV

          I walk around for 15 to 20 minutes and find my cousin, Raven." Have you seen Zach, I can't find him anywhere?" I ask. She shrugs her shoulders and walks off. I keep walking and I finally get near the stage where I find Justin. " Hey, have you seen Zach?" I ask. Justin points towards the stage. I turn and look and see Zach. " Hey everybody," he says into the mic. The room falls silent. " For those of you that don't know who I am, I'm Zach. And I'd like to think that I'm Laken's best friend. Laken, can you step up closer to the stage?" He says. I do as he asks and get as close as possible. " Laken I've been thinking for two weeks now what to get you for your birthday. Like how can you find the perfect gift for the perfect  girl? And I realized while looking that you can't. But this is what I came up with and I hope it suffices," He finishes before putting the microphone back in the stand and grabbing his guitar. Then the curtain behind him opens revealing Jack, Jonah, Corbyn, and Daniel. I smile at each of them and wave at Jack. Zach starts talking to the mic again while the rest of the boys get situated. Daniel at the piano, Jonah and Jack with their mics, and Corbyn with a guitar. Zach smiles at me," Laken you told me earlier this week that if you could change, you would. I'm not gonna go into to much detail about what you said but I decided to write a song for you, and this is what we've got." He smiles before they all start playing and singing. There beautiful voices fill the room. The song is nearing the end and Zach steps off the stage, leaving his microphone. He walks over to me and grabs my hands. " Don't change," he says as the boys finish singing. The room explodes with the sound of applause. I hug Zach. " I loved it," I say in his ear while we hug. " And I love you." 

          I go up to all the boys and thank them and hug them. They leave shortly after the party ends to catch their flight back to LA. I take photos with everybody as they are leaving and I finally take one with Zach...

--

@imlakenbieber 

I wouldn't have wanted to spend my birthday with anybody else <3 @imzachherron and a special thank you to the boys @whydontwemusic I love you guys with my whole heart!

936,164 likes and 235,643 comments

imzachherron: I love you Laken, happy birthday beautiful

jackaverymusic: I enjoyed it, Happy birthday 

jonahmarais: I might have to steal you from Justin and you be my little sister not his 😂happy birthday

corbynbesson: You looked amazing today, Happy birthday <3

seaveydaniel: I'm so happy I got to help, you're amazing

fan1: she's so lucky

fan2: happy birthday!

--

@imzachherron

Happy birthday, beautiful

Happy birthday, beautiful. You'll never understand how unbelievably proud of you I am, I love you <3

1,634,264 likes and 626,436 comments

imlakenbieber: I love you too <3

fan1: She's so pretty

fan2: I ship this so much omg

--

Word Count: 1297

I'm so tired omg... but I'll wrap up her birthday in the next chapter, if you get a notification saying I updated chapter 1, I'm just changing a date, Ignore it!! I love youuu