Chapter 20

Zach's POV

          After a very long plane ride, the guys, Laken, and I are finally back at the house. Laken is asleep in my room, but the guys and I are downstairs in the kitchen. " You guys gonna help her move into tomorrow?" I ask. " Duh," Jack says, shoving a chip in his mouth. The rest of the guys nod in sync. " She's super excited, she hired a ton of painters to go in yesterday when we were in the city, so the whole house is repainted," Jack adds, opening the refrigerator. When did she tell him that? " How did you know that?" I ask. Daniel, Corbyn, and Jonah walk away, talking about something random. " When you were asleep on the plane, I helped her pick out the painters, and send them everything she wants, no big deal," He shrugs, closing the refrigerator. I nod and think to myself. Jack finally leaves the kitchen, leaving me alone with my thoughts. I don't particularly like the idea of Laken being so close to another guy, but he's my best friend, so I trust nothing will happen. And I trust Laken, she isn't like that. I clear my head and walk back up to my room.

           " Laken?" I ask, quietly when I open the door. I look over to see her balled up, under the covers, in my bed. I smile at myself before quietly walking over to my computer and turning it on. I sit down in my chair and get on my phone waiting for my computer to boot up. Finally my computer is on and I log into my user. I'm not exactly sure what I'm gonna do, but I'll probably play some games with the boys. I'd turn on my TV, and play on my play-station, but I can't use headphones on that and I don't want to wake up Laken. I text the group chat and tell all the guys to get on Fortnite.

          After an hour or so, Laken is finally starting to stir around. I walk over to the bed and sit beside her. Her eyes flutter open when I sit. " You're going to sleep the day away," I say quietly, while pushing hair our of her face. She smiles and sits up. " Let's go to the store," She says at random, pushing away the covers and leaving the bed. I laugh and look over at her while she's slipping on my slides. " You're going to go in that?" I question. She's wearing shorts, one of my shirts, which covers her shorts, and now my slides. " Yeah, I'm to lazy to change," I answers, pulling her hair into a bun. I smile at her as she stands up. We head downstairs, and I order us an Uber. After what feels like forever it's finally here. We leave and head downtown. 

          I guess this is what it feels like to truly be one hundred percent happy. I've got my dream girl, my career, and all around, my dream life. Laken has taken me inside, at least, ten different clothing stores by now, and she hasn't bought a single thing. " Let's go get food," I say, tugging at her hand. She gives in and follows me into a nearby restaurant. " What do you want," I ask. She shrugs," food." I roll my eyes before smiling at her. " Let's just go get pizza," I laugh, walking back out of the restaurant with her. We walk a few blocks and reach a pizza place.

          " Best pizza ever, hands down," Laken compliments as we walk out of the pizza place. I laugh," Where do you want to go now?" She looks around and sees an arcade. " There," she says walking towards it. We go in and I buy us some coins. " I though arcades were ancient, I didn't think they were still around," she laughs. 

Laken's POV

          " This is the last one here in LA," A young guy says. He clearly works here, he has a company polo on," It should be considered a historic sight." I laugh at the joke. Zach isn't laughing though, he has a hard to read expression. I reach back and grab his hand. " I'm Grayson, if you need anything while you're here, have fun," The boy says, then walks off. " You okay?" I ask, turning towards Zach. " Did you see the way he was looking at you?" Zach says, glaring at Grayson from afar. " Zach, it's fine. I'm with you remember," I remind, comforting him. His stare releases as he calms, and he returns to looking at me. " Come on, gorgeous, lets go find a game." 

          " We should come back sometime," I tell Zach, as we walk out of the arcade. " You just want to beat me at the dance game again," He scoffs. " I was pretty good at that," I kid. He taps on his phone. We're heading back to his and the guys place before it get's to late. We have to be up early to head over to my new house. " The Uber is on it's way," Zach says, putting his phone back in his pocket. " I can't wait for you to see my house," I say, turning to him. " I'm excited," He smiles. " You're so short," he laughs, looking down at me. I mock him and smile. He wraps his arms around my neck. I welcome the embrace by hugging him back. Zach pulls back and grabs my hand," Our Uber is here." I smile at him and we walk over to the car and get in the back. 

          Zach is in the shower, and I'm playing video games with Corbyn, waiting for him to be done. " Wait so this button," I say, pressing the X key. " You just blew yourself up" Corbyn sighs, holding in a laugh. " So your friend, Gabbie, I saw her on your Instagram, is she coming down to visit anytime soon?" He asks. My jaw drops as I pause the game and look over at him," You like Gabbie!" I start laughing and he tries to say otherwise," Well not necessarily like,  I don't know her well enough to like her like her, but I think she's cute." I calm down and stop laughing. " Hand me your phone," I say. He unlocks his phone and hands it too me. I add a contact for Gabbie and put in her number. I hand it back to him," Text her. Tell her I gave you her number." He smiles," Thank you." I hand him the controller," I'm no good at this." We laugh and I walk out of his room and back to Zach's. I hop on his bed and get on my phone. Right after, he walks in. " I was just about to come get you," He smiles, getting beside me. I smile at him and put my phone down. He pulls me over and I wrap my arm around him. " Good night," I say. " Good night beautiful." 

--

Word count: 1199 

I don't really like this chapter, the first half was good, the second half not so much but it's just a filler tbh but anyways, it's unedited. I love you homies :)