Chapter 1

[The blurb explains the backstory of this fanfiction, so I'm going to copy paste it here if you haven't seen it. - Dem]

In a world where a new type of fighting style has arisen- called kimonishé- A class of 14 fight to climb the ladder of coloured belts and enter the national finals, a huge event that is broadcasted worldwide. For everyone to see.

However, not everyone wants to make it that far. Some are happy to stay in the sidelines and cheer on their friends, even if the cheerer might have more of a chance in the limelight than most if the players. Even if the one person standing in the way of their friends fame was them.

The new kid, Dave, joins with a red belt. The colour choice is interesting because the colours order: white, grey, yellow, green, blue, dark blue, purple, pink, red, brown, black, then optional- many people nicknamed this stage 'rainbow', these players stand out because they get a black border around their colour, so a white optional can be recognised as such and not a mere novice. He was the only other optional except for one.

And of course, he thinks he's 'all the rage'. Then he meets John. A silent mabye cool kid who might not be a straightforward as he seems...

------------------------------

[The real story starts here, I actually googled Karate and tried to get to know more about it so I could write this. It's way to complicated to understand through reading and Wikipedia. So I made my own fighting style (kimonishé isn't an actual thing)- so I can understand things better, sorry if this discourages some people. Enjoy! - Dem]

This totally sucks. Your name is Dave Strider and your already being screamed at to get to your class.

No, not school, your new kimonishé class. You know no-one from it, and the fact that you're new makes things a million times harder.

People will want to know you. Talk to you, and other sappy stuff like that- they'll want to be 'friends', but you know friends aren't really a thing. The only friends you've had are the backstabbing kind.

You were warned though, so you can't really say that no one was there for you when they decided to turn their backs. Bro said they were a bad idea, Rose, in her strange way 'suggested' that they werent going to hang around long. Even your friend from online said that getting a friend group like that was a huge waste of time.

You ignored them all.

You are still paying the price for your ignorance.

If only you had knew, if only one of the many 'friends' you had were loyal to you and saw you as more than a wanna-be cool kid, then you might not have a still healing, brutal scar down your arm. Mabye you wouldn't have to deal with the nightmares of the nameless, inhuman faces that stared at you and laughed at your pain as they took your katana and carved a deep gash down your left arm. It's still weak from being set in a cast so long.

Sometimes you wish there was nothing wrong with you, and you were just a normal person. You wish your eyes didn't scare people, or make them think you were a demon- which only occurred to you when took your shades of near a church to clean them, a woman screamed that the demon needed to be purged and dragged you over towards the holy ground.

Since then you avoided churches at all costs.

You wish you hadn't shown them your secret. But as you know now, wishes never did come true for you. They're only for the lucky ones.

You reach for your aviators, a permanent item of wear for you, and clothes, which had an overall theme of black and red- which is your favourite colour. A broken disc was printed on the front of your t-shirt, a present from Rose for your birthday which was followed up quickly by 'Because you talk like a broken record, you never stop. ', it was a nice gift anyway.

Your favourite jacket, a red one with a darker red cog pattern on the back, hung from your door. You scooped it up, put it on and quickly (leaving the zip open because what future cool kid closes it) ran down the hall, taking a straight left and flying down the steps, then a sharp right and zooming through the door.

You shouted a quick 'Bye bro', you doubt he heard it from his place on the couch.

You were half way down the street before the front door shut.

[OK this is mainly to get to know Dave's a little in this first and how Bro is, even if you only saw him for a split second.]