Chapter 26 - Two broken people come together

It's almost been year since I last met Big boss and almost one year before I graduate!

"Why do we need to stay at Simeon's place?! I have school too you know! I need to graduate in white!" I complained. We were currently arguing in front of Simeon's hotel since it was the only safe place we could be at right now but safe or not that won't stop me from going to school!

Plus, that woman might come anytime soon...

"Sean my darling!" Simeon's sister appeared. She wrapped her arms on his arm and shoved her chest to his arm. I twitch in jealousy until my nose smelled something sweet.

A CAFE!?

"I'll be back!" I yelled, following the irresistible aroma that my nose detected. It's been a while since I had something sweet and I have been itching to eat some.

But you just ate some cheesecake yesterday morning. My mind interrupts me.

"That's a long time" I responded to my inner self. I sometimes wonder, is it me talking to myself or is my evil inner me talking to me which is actually not me but is someone else deep in me. Okay that doesn't make sense.

When I stopped, there was a lively bakery resting next to the hotel and it contained many customer with smiles on their faces, "It smells delicious..." I whispered but when I looked at the price of the sweets, my heart felt as if it ripped apart.

HOW CAN A PIECE OF CAKE... NOT EVEN A WHOLE CAKE CAN BE SO EXPENSIVE?!

I look down at my wallet and began debating. Is this really worth it? I shouldn't carelessly spend the money that Big boss gave me. But... How can I.... No I shouldn't waste my money... But it smells so delicious I just can't walk away.... But I'm already here so....

"Miss are you ready to order?" The cashier guy spoke to me, "I am!" I raised my voice as he was a bit startled. From there, I only ordered a slice of a cake I have never tasted before and another slice of a different flavor.

I found a seat from the corner of the bakery and took a bite of my precious dear cake. At first, I could taste the milk flavor but there was a slight of strawberry jam added along with sugar. Amazing, such sweets existed?!

"Cinder, there you are" Big boss appeared with a different outfit. He wore a black hoodie with jet black pants and burgundy shoes. To make him look cooler, he wore a black retro glasses.

"Want some?" I ask, holding out the fork that consisted of a cake. He looks at me then takes a bite, "An indirect kiss" he smirks.

"How is it? It's good isn't it?!" I ignored him, my mind more focused on sweets. I remember when him and I were sitting like this too and he was so eager to know about my past.

"Hey Big boss. There's one thing I've been curious about" I questioned him.

"What is it?"

"When I first slept at your place... Y-you mumbled the name Angel so I... Have always been wondering who Angel was" I explained shyly, eating the cake fast so I wouldn't feel embarrassed. Suddenly, he laughed at me like a crazy woman I am.

Just seeing him laugh caught me off guard because his laughing face is probably one of the expressions I want to treasure the most.

"What if I told you it's the name of the woman I love?" He tells me, standing up and pulling my face close to his. I raise a brow at him and gave him a questioning look.

"I don't get it. I thought you only loved me but I guess I'm wrong? Does that mean I also love someone else? Or what is love?" I began stating out all these questions. I really don't understand what love is.

Big boss laughed even harder then gave me a quick kiss on my forehead, "Don't worry, you are the only one I love. Angel is my sister"

"S-sister?! I'm so sorry I didn't mean to bring such a depressing topic!"

"It's alright. If you take me to McDonald's then you might find out more about me"

"How funny Big boss. It feels like our position has been reversed don't you think?"

"That's exactly what's happening right now"

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's go to McDonald's"

With that said, on our way to McDonald's, I found out more truth about Big boss. How his family is dead and that his relatives doesn't accept for who he is. I think the one more lonely between us would have been Big boss because he's been surrounded by so many people who only looked at his power and position. No one loved him for who he is.

But what can I say? I'm no different from him. It's almost as if we are fated together.

Two broken people come together.

🦄🦄

Lately my chapters have been short but oh well! I'll try to make it long next chapter!