Chapter 3

• Dedicated to Pita

CHAPTER 3

Aleina's POV

I look up at the clock on the wall and I notice theres 10 minutes until class starts. I’m still fuming from what happened but I know I need to calm down before I return the blanket to Sophia. I hang on to the thought of her name being so beautiful. “What is up with you?” I snap at my inner wolf as she whimpers again. I walk into class and smile at my professor. 

“Aleina, I see you are early this time,” Professor Jackson said with a smirk on his face. 

I look over and see Sophia already sitting in her seat. I feel my face flush so I turn and look back at the professor. “Yes I am, Im sorry for being late yesterday.” I said as I walked towards Sophia. As I get closer my entire body flushes. Sophia looks up at me and our eyes meet for the first time. I can’t help but to stare into her deep, big brown eyes. 

As soon as I get to where she is sitting I pull out her blanket from my bag. 

“I believe this is yours,” I say while never breaking eye contact. “Your uh…your mate had other wolves come and destroy my home for it, but I got it back so that I could return it to you.” I said with a fire beginning to light within me. 

“My mate?” She looked at me confused.

“Yes, you’re Sophia right? Some guy said Jason was your mate and had others bash my house as a warning since I had your blanket in my home. Is he not your mate?” I stare at her intently. 

“Oh uh, yeah I suppose so. Not officially. I have not allowed him to mark me yet.” She says breaking our connection and looking down at the blanket. “But thank you for returning my blanket, it’s my favorite,” she says with a smile.

The rest of the class begins to come in and sit for the lecture. I smile at her and turn to find my seat. I can’t help but to drift into a daze and wonder why I got so angry every time I thought about how Jason is her mate. My wolf grew angrier the more I thought about it, so for now I just decide to pay attention to the lecture. 

When lecture was over I decide to go train for the challenge. I must work on my strength in order for me to be able to win the challenge with Alpha Dominic. He is undefeated and has been Alpha for many years. But growing up I knew I was different. I am not meant to play the role of a submissive female. I am made to protect the pack. And while my old pack did not accept hybrids, I can still protect this one. 

As I leave class and head out the door I hear someone running up behind me. Before I could swing around to hit them I smell her scent and realize its her. I take a deep breath allowing her aroma to sweep over me. She smelled like warm vanilla and I could smell her arousal when she came near me. “Is she aroused by me?” I think to myself. 

Mid thought, I felt her grab my arm softly as to let me know she wants to walk with me. 

“Are you trying to make your mate angry?” I asked her with a smirk.

“Oh stop he’s not my mate yet.” She said as she playfully shoved my arm.

“Well why isn’t he?” I asked, getting straight to the point.

She looked like she was deep in thought, showing that there must be more to the situation. I accept her silence and decide not to pry. Instead I change the subject. 

“So how do you like class this semester?” I ask as we turn the corner to my street. 

“Oh its alright,” she replied uninterested in the topic.

“So I hear you’re going to challenge the Alpha, is that true?” She asked me with a brave look on her face.

I liked that she was bold. She wasn’t afraid of me. And while I wanted everyone to fear me, for some reason I didn’t mind that she doesn't.