Chapter 16

CHAPTER 16

Aleina's POV

Holding Sophia close to my chest, I knew I was never loosing sight of her again. My pack needs to become strong and honest. There cannot be another break into my territory! 

Dominic comes up behind me and puts his hand on my shoulder.

“I am ready to build up our pack with you. Just say the command and we will do everything in our power to make sure NOTHING like this ever happens again,” Dominic says sternly. 

I look at him intently and nod. I was in no mood to talk now. I look up at the sky and realize the sun will rise soon. We need to get back before Magnus and the others are exposed. 

We quicken our speed so that we can arrive as soon as possible. Magnus, and the others stay close for protection. They’re faster than the wolves but they cannot get into our territory without me. I look over at Dominic and give him the look.

“We need to speed up, the sun will rise soon.” I say, knowing I will have to leave them and run faster with the vamps. 

“Go, we will be there shortly.” Aiden says as Dominic nods his head. 

“Keep an eye on my father. Do not let him escape. If you don’t return in 20 minutes I will send others to find you.” I say before I run off with the vamps. We reach the pack house in 5 minutes tops. I alert Andrew to let him know that Dominic and the others are on their way. 

“If they are not back within the next 20 minutes, go out and find them.”  I order as I carry Sophia into the pack house. We go straight to the doctors office and I set her down. The doctor comes over to us to examine Sophia. Before the doctor could examine her, Sophia looked up at me with worry in her eyes. 

“Stop. Don’t touch her. I will call Lucile. She’s in charge of making sure Sophia and the baby are okay,” I dismiss the doctor. He puts his head down and nods as he turns and walks out of the room. I dial Lucile right away and tell her to come check on Sophia  She shouldn’t take long to get here but I really just need to hold my mate. 

Climbing into the bed, Sophia and I instantaneously put our arms around one another. I squeeze her tight, never wanting to let go again. I look down into her eyes and see the pain of what she’s just had to go through. 

“I’m sorry I never should have left the pack house…” she says, tears welling up in her eyes. 

“No, you have every right to leave when you please. Our territory should have been safe for you and I will see to it that our territory becomes the safest and strongest pack for us and our pup.” I say, wiping the tears from her cheek. 

Doctor Lucile comes in out of breath with her bag of supplies. 

“I’m here, I ran as fast as I could. What’s wrong?” Lucile says, trying to catch her breath.

“ Sophia was kidnapped by my father and given to Alpha Mason. He tried to claim and take her, so no doubt there was fighting involved,” I say looking over to Sophia as she nods her head to agree with me. 

“Okay Alpha Aleina if you’ll let me examine her that would be great,” Lucile says, motioning for me to get out of the bed. 

“Oh yes, sorry.” I say, getting up from laying with Sophia  I watch over Lucile’s shoulder as she examines my mate. I know my protectiveness is over extensive but I think I have every reason to. Until I know for sure who I can trust, I won’t let a thing go unseen when it comes to my mate. She will not be touched by anyone unless I permit it.