Chapter 8

CHAPTER 8

Sophia's POV

I couldn’t help but to still feel a little unsafe with Luna now. I know she’s on medications but what if that apology was just for show? I’m already overwhelmed with all that just happened. I need to relax before I stress the baby. Werewolves only carry their pups for 6 weeks before they are born. It won’t belong before I’m huge and ready to pop. 

“So how along are you then?” Gloria starts the conversation, breaking the ice.

“Oh well, I think I’m just a few days along…” I say realizing I have no idea how far along I am. I feel like I’ve been asleep for the past few days. She looks up and smiles at me.

“Thats wonderful, so am I. In 2 days I will be a week along.” she says while rubbing her belly.

“Isn’t the challenge day in just 2 days?” I ask not wanting to sound silly but I really wanted to know.

“No, the challenge day is in 3 days, why?” 

“Well I vaguely remember one of the nurses saying that I’ll be a week along the day of the Challenge.” I blush unexpectedly when Aleina comes up behind me and heard what we were talking about. She kisses me on my forehead.

“Just checking up on you two and I brought you some food from earlier,” she says as she hands me a plate of food for Luna and I. She’s so sweet, she’s got so much going on and still thinks to make sure I have food when it even slipped my own mind to eat. She kisses my lips tenderly and walks back to the office. 

“Well I can tell you are in great hands,” Gloria says with a huge smile on her face.

“I don’t remember the last time Dominic did that for me.” 

I look down not knowing how to react to that. When Jessica was upset I’d just punch her arm and tell her everything will be fine. I doubt things will go well if I try that with the pregnant Luna.

“Oh my gosh Jessica!” I quickly realize that I still haven’t heard from Jessica since the day she came over! Luna looks at me confused and concerned at the same time.

“Is everything alright Sophia?” Gloria asks sternly.

“No, I um..I need to talk to Aleina right away!” I say as I quickly place the plate of food on Luna Gloria’s lap and run out of the room. I rush down the hall to Alpha’s office. I fling the door open and notice I have interrupted what seems to be a very heated conversation. Tears start rolling down my face at the thought of losing Jessica. She never disappears, theres something wrong.

I look up at Aleina who is staring at me intently waiting for an explanation for me barging into the Alpha’s office. 

“Jessica…..I haven’t seen or heard from her in days….I think they took her.” I blurt out and burst into tears as Aleina rushes over to hold me. 

“Shhh shhh we will find her,” Aleina tries to calm me down and reassure me that she’s going to be okay. Just when I’m about to pull myself together, I black out again from hunger and stress. 

Aleina's POV

Walking down the hallway and following Alpha into his office I realize Sophia still hasn’t eaten. And I’m sure Luna will need some food during her recovery. They both need to eat a great amount since they are pregnant with pups. 

“Excuse me for a moment Alpha, I need to bring my mate some food. I will bring the Luna some as well, I’m sure she needs the nutrients for her pup too.” I said as I walk straight to the kitchen and grab some food. I see Alpha waiting for me in his office when I walk past it back to the room where Sophia and Luna Gloria were in. I walk in to a conversation about how far along Sophia is and I can’t help but smile. I kiss her forehead and placed the food down.