Chapter 17

CHAPTER 17

Aleina's POV

Running down the stairs into the basement of the pack house, my heart beat began to race. I have no idea what my mothers intensions are. I’ve had to deal with so much betrayal in the past few days, I don’t know what to think anymore! We race to the dungeon and I fling open the bolted metal door. Only I held that power to do so. I walk down to the last cell, where my father was locked up. When I reached the cell, I found my father laying down not saying a word. He looks up at me with a puzzled expression. 

“What’s wrong? Did something happen?” My father questioned as he slowly got up and walked towards the cell bars where I stood. I squint my eyes at him. I can’t tell if he knows that my mother’s gone missing or if he really is completely clueless. 

“Did you think I was going to kill him?” A voice spoke, coming from the corner to my left. I look over and see my mother sitting in a metal chair in the dark, watching my father. 

Magnus walks into the dungeon after he hears my mother talking. The rest waited outside for privacy I suppose. 

“I honestly don’t know what you were going to do mom, no one is trustworthy at the moment. “ I say, as I start to slowly approach her. 

“Well I wasn’t going to kill him. I just wanted to…talk,” my mother explains with a smirk on her face. 

“It seems as though you’ve just been sitting here watching him mom. What do you want to talk to him about?” I ask, looking over to my dad to see if he was in on all of this. His face explained his true bewilderment. He had no idea what was going on.

“I was waiting for you hunny. I knew the doctor would squeal like a rat. So I waited for you to find me so we could all….talk.” She explained her reasoning a little further. I looked over to Magnus, dismissing him so that we could talk in privacy. 

“Okay go ahead and say what you have to say mom,” I agree, feeling exhausted as I turn back to face her. 

“Yes what do you have to say to me Leina. You made your point pretty clear when you bit my ear off. I get it, I’m a lousy, worthless coward who has shamed our family. I know alright?” My father scoffed, sounding annoyed. 

“Why did you leave me to die in that dungeon Brutus? Do you heave any idea what they’ve done to me over the years!?” My mother yelled out as she began to cry. 

“Leina I didn’t leave you to die. I did everything I could…” my father tried to explain but sounded like he just didn’t have the energy. 

“You didn’t even come after me Brutus! How did you do everything you could!?” My mother screamed as she struggled to understand. I think she just needs closure. I can see why she’d need that after 5 years of torture and being abandoned by her mate. 

“I went for help Leina! I trusted another Alpha for his help and instead he used it against me! He said he’d have you killed unless I did everything he said! I protected our daughter! I kept her secrecy but he already knew about Aleina because of you! You’re the one who attacked our Alpha! I had to become a damn servant to this man to cover up your mistake!” My father screamed at my mother, letting all the pain he had these past years off his chest. Alpha Mason chuckled just one cell over.