Chapter 21

CHAPTER 21

Sophia's POV

As I go in and out of consciousness, I try and keep my eyes open to focus on whats happening. As the blurriness begins to fade, I look up and see the bottom of Rubens face. He was breathing heavily like he was running. I look around and notice he is carrying me through the forest. 

“Where are we going?!” I ask in a panic. I guess I startled him because he nearly jumped out of his skin and almost dropped me when I spoke. 

“I’m sorry Luna, Alpha Aleina told me to get you out of there and to somewhere safe.”

“And running me into the woods while in labor is keeping me safe??” I yell back at him, becoming angry with his stupidity.

“No Luna of course not. We are bringing you to the Covenant. You will be safe there and Lucile and Jax are right behind me. Aleina should be here in time for the baby.” Ruben explained in a calming voice. His tone was almost soothing, like there was not a single thing to worry about.

“Okay then, sorry for getting snippy. Coming out of unconsciousness and waking up to being carried into the woods knowing I’m in labor just kind of ticked me off.” I said with a smile and he smirked back at me. 

Ruben continued to run into the forest, never slowing down his pace. Within the next few minutes we arrived. As soon as we got to the border of the covenant, Ruben stopped. 

“What’s wrong?” I ask, looking up at him. He had a very worried look on his face. 

“The covenant… it looks like they’ve been attacked too…” he says and trails off as I look around and see hundreds of dead bodies everywhere. I gasp and jump out of Rubens arms. 

“Luna no….”

“Don’t tell me no, this is my mates family do you understand!?” I yell at him and almost start crying at the site of so many dead bodies. I’m not sure who is who yet but just the site of so many people dead was nauseating. 

“ Sophia…?” A little voice cries out from a tall tree in front of us. I walk over and look behind the tree and find Grace, Aleina’s little sister, covered in blood. 

“Oh my gosh, Grace come here!”  I say as I grab her and pick her up into my arms. 

“I’m okay Luna, really I’m okay. The others are okay too, they went under ground like I told them to.” Grace explained as she wiggled out of my arms. 

“What do you mean like you told them to?” I pry for more information. At this point I am completely lost and devastated. 

“I heard their screams from our pack house. I know the fight was going on at our pack but I heard different screams. So I followed them all the way here and saw all the wolves attacking my mums family!”