Chapter 9

CHAPTER 9  

Aleina's POV     

Leaving my mate again kills me inside. All I want to do is turn back and fall asleep with her in my arms, but I know I have important business to attend to. I just hope it’s not always like this when I become Alpha.  When I walk down the stairs, I hearing yelling coming from Alpha’s office. What could I have possibly missed already? I start walking faster to his office as his voice becomes louder and more aggressive. When I reach the door, I hesitate to open it, not knowing what’s going on, on the other side. I decide that it would be a better idea to knock this time, so I knock three times and wait for an answer.

    “Come in,” he says calmly. 

I open the door and walk in to see Alpha’s face red as an apple with the phone in one hand while the other hand covered the bottom to mute himself.  

“Everything alright sir?” I ask looking up at him, still in a slight daze from being with my mate.   

“No. Morgan’s gone.” He says as he starts to shake.

 “I suppose he got scared before we could even tell him his orders.”   

“No, I did tell him his orders. He came early, so I told him most of what we expected of him. Then I decided to go get you because I know you would’ve wanted to be there. But when I came up stairs, I heard the shower on and didn’t want to interrupt. So I turned around to go back and tell him we will wait for you to come down, and he was gone.”he says in a low shaky voice, trying not to lose his temper.   

“Well maybe he just forgot something in his den, did you check?” I asked, trying to think of all possible reasons other than him running away.  

“Yes I’ve checked the whole damn territory in the last 25 minutes!” He says as he slams the phone down.  

“Well who was just on the phone??” I ask wondering why he all of a sudden just hung up.   

“Just Andrew who had other Beta’s searching for Morgan.” he said as he begins to breathe in deeply to calm down.  

“Why in the hell would he run away with that information?” I sat there thinking and then it dawned on me. He’s new.   

“What if he was already a spy on us?? He could be running back to my old pack with that information!” I yell getting angrier as I speak.  

“What brought you to that idea?”   

“Well he kept calling me ma’am and the only reason he’d do that is if he knew I was becoming the Alpha. The only people in our pack that know that I’m challenging you are the students and some of the student’s parents. He could have only gotten that information from Jessica, who is being held captive by Alpha Chambers!” I say picking up the phone to call Andrew.  Before I could dial him, Alpha Dominic slammed the phone out of my hand. 

  “We can’t trust anyone right now.” He says looking at me as he begins to lose hope for his pack.  

“No no, don’t do this to me now. Our pack is beyond trust worthy. We will question the newest members but our Beta’s have earned their spot. Now we will send them outside of the territory to find Morgan and bring him pack. He couldn’t have gotten far. We will send the fastest trackers.” I say as I pick the phone back up and dial Andrew. 

  “Andrew, you are the most trusted Beta. I want you to pick the fastest tracker to find Morgan outside of the territory. If he’s gotten too close to my old pack, turn back. Don’t pick any new members of this pack. I want someone I can trust.” I gave him his orders and hung up. I turn around to see Alpha staring at me with his arms crossed.