Chapter 19

CHAPTER 19

Sophia's POV

Hearing Jasmine cry to be unmated even while being with child was heart breaking. I don’t know what I would do if I was Aleina. Having to make a decision to un-mate someone or not is a very complex situation. She’s already got so much on her plate and this is only her first day being the new Alpha. I wish there was something I could do to help. 

“Alright Jasmine, we will talk about this more after the celebration. There is no simple solution to this problem and I need to know that you are seriously considering all the consequences to being unmated with the father of your unborn child. This doesn’t just affect you it affects Neil and your child. It’ll also effect the entire pack. This pack has never had a situation where one was unmated. So take the time to really think hard about this while I make my decision. Because if you un-mate him, I will not have any reason to let him live after what he’s done.” Aleina says before she dismisses Jasmine and walks into the pack house. 

I look at Jasmine standing there, not having a clue what she should do. I know she is trying to do right by this unborn pup and herself but the consequences are far worse than she realized. I guess the only reason Neil is still breathing is because Aleina knows he has a mate. But if he is unmated, he will surely be put to death for challenging Aleina. 

“Please think hard about this Jasmine, I know its very complicated but there is no room for mistakes,” I say while I place my hand on her shoulder. 

“Yes Luna, I will think hard. I know in my heart what I need to do for me and my child but I don’t know if I can live knowing it was my decision that killed my mate.” she says, rubbing her belly. 

“Yes, that is something that will lay on your shoulders for a life time but remember it was his own actions that caused this, it is not at all your fault. Do what you need to do,” I say to her in a neutral tone, not wanting her to think I’m choosing for her. She nodded her head and we walked up the stairs into the pack house. 

“Holy crap what is all the commotion for??” I yell out as I watch everyone scrambling to get different things done. This celebration must be a big one because I’ve never seen so many people scrambling at once. 

“My love, come up stairs. I don’t want you in the middle of all this,” Aleina yells down from the top of the stairs. I part ways with Jasmine and walk up to Aleina  Grace grabbed my hand and pulled me into the guest room. 

“Wow Jocey your belly is getting so big,” Grace said, putting her two little hands around my protruding belly. I walk over to the mirror next to Aleina’s mom and look at myself. 

“I’ve never seen a pup grow so fast in my life!” I say, astonished at how big I’ve gotten in just a few days. Aleina looks at me worriedly. I look up at Leina and she’s got the same worried expression on her face. 

“What? What’s wrong?” I ask. I’m beginning to feel uncomfortable with the way they’re looking at me. 

“Nothings wrong love, I just think we should maybe have Lucile come look at you, just to make sure everything is okay.” Aleina says as she takes out her phone and starts to call Lucile.