Chapter One

Chapter One

I wasn't particularly fond of people who displayed their affection in public. I would think it's sweet but it's also disgusting. But this very moment, I hated PDA. I was sick to the stomach and they were oblivious to what was happening around them.

I was watching my best friend sucking off the face of his two-month girlfriend. It was utterly disgusting and deeply depressing at the same time. I thought Elliot had a bit of dignity in public but I was very wrong.

"Hey there Creeper," I heard the familiar voice of my best friend. She liked to call me that when I stared at Elliot too much. It gives me the queue to stop staring. But somehow, I wanted my stare to burn a hole through their heads.

"Utterly disgusting, they should be careful before one of them loses their face," she said, trying to get me to stop staring. Anne knew if I stare and think too much I get a bit aggressive.

"Yeah, hopefully, so I don't have to stare at them all the time," I said, trying to sound casual about the subject.

I downed my beer and hopped off the stool. I had to get away from the bar before I get tempted to get drunk.

"Could we go back to Uni? I don't want to miss any classes tomorrow," I said to Anne and she nodded, knowing that if I stayed any longer, a fight was bound to happen. If not a fight, a painful argument was inevitable.

We went out of the pub and we walked in silence to her car. I knew Anne felt guilty for having me to come to the pub against my liking. I wasn't mad, I knew I would've liked to spend my free time to blog and read but our football team won a game today and everyone went to the party. She had an excuse to want to go to the party. Even so, she still felt guilty. You could feel her emotions from a mile away.

"Anne, it's okay. I thought I would hit someone but I didn't, so it's okay." I said. I didn't like it when she was this silent. Her emotions would radiate off her so you would feel guilty too somehow.

"I know but if I knew they were going to be there, I wouldn't have pushed you to go," she said. Her frown was getting deeper and I just gave her a small smile.

"You didn't know so it wasn't your fault," I said. "Yeah, but I know you're in a bad mood because of me," she replied.

I sighed. I didn't lie to her when I expressed my emotions. Anne is my best friend and she knew when I'm in a bad mood and when I'm hiding it. She tried everything to get me away from the Happy Couple but it was useless, they were always obvious about their relationship.

"Don't worry about me. At least were out of there," I said and we got to her car.

She started the engine and we drove in silence. Luckily, our campus was near the pub and we arrived within minutes. I got of the car and grabbed my rucksack off the back seat. We walked up to our dorm and Anne unlocked the door. I stumbled to my bed and I felt Anne slap my bum.

"Take a shower at least Ash. You smell like alcohol and cigarettes," she said. I groaned in response and she laughed at my laziness.

I got up and grabbed a pair of sweats and an overly large shirt that had the Deathly Hollow symbol. I entered the bathroom and took a quick shower. I changed in my clothes and dried my hair. I re-entered the dorm and found Anne reading something on her phone.

"Hey, is it okay if I go out with Keith after classes?" she asked, not taking her eyes off her phone but a grin was prominent on her face. We usually hang out after classes but I didn't want her to miss a date with Keith.

"Yeah, I do think you and Keith should celebrate on your own since they won," I said, laying back down on my bed and closed my eyes. I heard Anne squeal and jump on my bed to hug me. It caught me off guard and I almost fell off my bed.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" she squealed, causing me to flinch because of her loud voice.

I simply nodded and she went back to her bed. I shook my head and composed myself. I grabbed my headphones and my iPod Classic and I slowly drifted off to sleep. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.