Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

“Uh, thank you,” I said, my thanks sounding more like a question.

Gale smiled at me and went back to looking at the sky. Thank God it was dark in the playground because he couldn’t see my red cheeks and the fact that he was looking at the sky was helping me.

We stayed in silence and watched the sky. Surprisingly, I wasn’t bored by it, the night sky looked beautiful and spending my time with Gale was making it worth wasting my time looking at the stars.

I heard him sigh beside me and he stood up, “Let’s go back to campus?”

I nodded and stood beside him. I felt a gust of wind blow and I involuntarily shivered. Stupidly, I only wore a hoodie tonight because I thought the snow was calming down.

I felt something soft and warm being placed on my head and I saw Gale putting his beanie on my head. Our close proximity was enough to make my heart go crazy. He fixed it and he started to remove his knitted scarf. He wrapped it around my neck and the scarf smelled just like him.

He smiled at me, “Better?”

I just nodded, the words stuck in my throat because of how flustered I was.

He smiled again, “Good. Let’s go,”

We exited the park and headed back to uni. Our arms were barely brushing and I had the sudden urge to hold his hand but I fought against it. I didn’t know what was happening with me, I had never felt this before with anyone. Not even Elliot gave me these kinds of feelings. I didn’t even know what kind of feelings was this. For the first time in my whole life, I didn’t know what I was feeling; I was confused. The only person who was causing me theses kind of feelings is standing beside me and lent me his beanie and scarf. Gale was doing things to me and I didn’t know what I was feeling. He was confusing me more than Elliot had ever done.

I came to an abrupt halt when Gale stopped walking and realised we were already back at uni. We walked up the flight of stairs and we reached my floor.

I faced Gale and I awkwardly rocked on my feet. He smiled at me and I smiled at him a little.

“Thanks for the uh, date. It was nice.” I finally said and he just smiled at me.

“No problem. The pleasure was all mine,” he said and he had that dashing grin of his again. He looked so darn cute when he did that.

“Oh, here. Thanks again.” I said, remembering his scarf and beanie. I started to take it off when he stopped me.

“No, it’s okay. Keep it; you need it more than me.” He said and I blushed at his words.

I was still objecting but he insisted, “You look cute wearing them anyway,” he said and that made the words in throat disappear.

I looked everywhere but his eyes because I knew I was blushing like crazy.

“So, I’ll see you around?” he asked and I finally looked at him. He had a slight blush on his cheeks that were probably because of the cold. Right? Right.

I nodded, not able to form any words. His face split into a big grin and I blushed redder.

I was about to get into my dorm when I felt his strong arms wrap around me and hold me tight. I was shocked at the sudden action but slowly wrapped my arms around his neck. He smelled amazing, like mint. He was very warm and he had me in a secure hug but not too tight. I felt his breath tickling my ear. It was hard to admit but I wanted to stay like that forever, just in his warm embrace.