Chapter Six

Chapter Six

“For the fifth time, I don’t want to go.” I said at my stubborn best friend, but I knew he wasn’t giving up easily.

“C’mon Ash, he already agreed within five minutes and you’re taking an hour,” he complained, groaning at my decline.

“I don’t want to waste my Saturday night with a creepy guy,” I said and Elliot faked hurt.

“You think I hang out with creepy people? That hurts a lot Ashie,” he said, calling me the annoying nickname he used when we were kids. His hand was against his chest, like I’ve just hit him right in the heart.

I giggled at him and stuck my tongue out, “I’m not in the mood to go out on a date. You know I like to blog on my free time.”

“Yeah, but you rarely go out anymore. And he seemed like he wanted to go out.” Elliot said, pouting like a child.

“Well then tell him that he has to face rejections sometimes,” I said, sipping my latte.

“Please? It’s going to be fun! When was the last time you went out in a date?” he asked and that caught me off guard.

I haven’t been on a proper date, even in my High School dance, nobody asked me. Before Elliot went out with Sky, he asked out really pretty girls out. He didn’t even consider taking me to the School dance when we were in High School. And for some reason, I always turned down any form of dating. I either saw the bloke as a friend or he was just dared to do it, as cliché as it sounds, I don’t go on dates.

“See? You haven’t been on a date. So this is the perfect time.” Elliot said, slightly offending me. It doesn’t mean that guys don’t ask me out, it’s just I don’t have a reason to.

“Whatever. I don’t want to go out with the bloke. For all I know he could be one of your cocky, dumb people that you call friends.” I knew I sounded offending but I knew he was just doing this out of pity and debt. He was only making me go out with this bloke because he was in debt because I helped him on Valentine’s Day.

“Ouch, but he is my friend and he’s a nice bloke; he isn’t cocky and plus, he’s your type.” He said and I cocked my eyebrows at him.

“How do you know what’s my type?” I asked him, utterly confused because, I haven’t once told Elliot what kind of guys I like.

“Don’t worry, I asked Keith if you would like him or not,” Elliot said, smiling sheepishly.

Keith was kind of like me, he liked partnering people up but he mostly listened to me rant about Elliot. He knew that I liked him since I first started uni. I trusted Keith with my whole life, heck I trust him with Anne.

“Why do you want me to go out with this bloke?” I asked, even though I knew the answer.

“I just want you to be happy too. Like how I’m happy Sky.” He said and smiled at the mention of his girlfriend.

His words stung and I resisted the urge to scream my feelings at him. It really hurt how he was treating me like a charity case and he had to do it because he needed to, not because he actually cared about me. It was like driving the dagger deeper into my heart and watching it bleed. I knew he didn’t know that he was hurting me, but the problem is that he was blind to my feelings. Like if I scream my lungs out that I like him he’ll act as if he heard nothing. He was trapped in his fantasy world of rainbows and love. He was oblivious to everyone’s feelings. Even Anne was noticing he was changing. He started to say hurtful words and not realising it. She thinks because Skylar influenced him into that kind of attitude.