Chapter 21: Crushed Dreams

A few weeks after the problems with Peter and Chloe started, Flash had become much more distant from you. Even though you were using him, he treated you so well and you were beginning to fall for him.

He had stopped waiting by the gate for you at the start of every school day, he never put his hand on your thigh in class and he paid much less attention to you. It was the end of the day and Flash had asked you to meet him outside the school gate. You slowly walked to meet him, not knowing what to expect. You turned the corner and saw Flash and Chloe intensely making out, you dropped your notebook and your jaw almost hit the floor. Flash noticed you standing there gawking and said,
"Oh, um sorry (Y/N). I don't like you anymore, I go out with Chloe now."
He kissed her cheek and she giggled then, she bent down and picked up your notebook and flicked through it as she said,
"The thing is (Y/N), I'm so much better looking than you, you will never be able to find a boyfriend because you are so ugly, disgusting and annoying. You will just scare everyone away." She laughed at a page in your notebook,
"And you have crushes on people who are way out of your league and will never happen in a million years, like Spiderman" she said as she pushed your notebook into your chest and laughed. It was the page which you had doodled Spidey's mask and logo surrounded by hearts. This pushed you over the line, you ripped your backpack off your back and threw it on the ground along with your notebook. You then proceeded to dive on Chloe and punch her right across the face.
"Babe no-" Flash said to Chloe but you were already back on your feet and had twisted his arm behind his back, he shrieked in pain as you kicked his legs from under him and fell right on top of Chloe. You dusted off your hands and picked up your bag and notebook, you ripped out the page in your notebook which had Spidey in it, crumpled it up and threw it at Chloe. As you were walking away Chloe managed to stand up and she threw the ball of paper back at you, she missed and it rolled to the side of you; you continued walking. Suddenly you saw a flash of red zip past you. Spidey picked up the paper and un-crumpled it, he looked at it then back at you, he then walked behind you.
"(Y/N) did you draw all of this?" He asked, you ignored him.
"(Y/N)?" He asked again, it was too much for you and tears started pouring down your face; you turned around and punched Spidey Square in the face,
"Leave me alone!" You yelled, "just go."

You choked on your tears as you walked into an alleyway and put on your suit, you flew up into a roof. Peter soon came up into the same roof as you but you immediately flew away. It had become dark but the city was still busy, you flew up to a massive suspension bridge and sat on the edge with your feet dangling off the edge; watching the stars.

A man suddenly walked up next to you, he looked over the edge of the bridge.
"Be careful, don't fall" you said to him
"Oh uh, that's the point" he replied "did you come here to commit too?"
"What no! Don't do this" you said to him
"My wife divorced me, my children hate me, I had an affair for 2 years behind my wife's back and I stole quite a few things to please her. I deserve this" he said as he stood really close to the edge.
"Don't you dare do this" you said as you stood up, a few people stopped their cars and got out to see what was happening. You turned around to tell the passers by that everything was okay but when you turned back around the man was gone, you looked over the bridge and gasped. He had jumped and was on his way to the raging river below; you dived after him, using your thrusters to go faster towards him. You caught him just in time before he hit the water and you flew back up and put him down carefully back on the bridge. People were cheering and recording on their phones. You blew a kiss and curtseyed before flying back to your apartment.

The next day the video of you saving that guy was on the news and on YouTube with almost 15 million views. This boosted your mood slightly but you were still majorly upset from yesterday. The fact that Chloe called you ugly and disgusting made your confidence plummet through the ground, you were glad you punched her. You shouldn't have snapped at Peter though, he was your first proper friend now you've driven him away. You stayed in bed almost all day just crying to yourself and watching TV.

"BREAKING NEWS!" The TV blared "New Supervillain, The Rock, is terrorising downtown Queens." It showed a huge man that looked like he was made of rock punching through buildings, he saw the camera and yelled to it,
"I want Spiderman and (S/H/N)! Come and get me!" He opened his arms out wide.
You jumped out of bed and rushed to your suit; you tried to forget your feelings, they didn't matter right now. You quickly put your suit on and jumped out of your window...

Note: I based the villain off the guy in Fantastic Four and I named him The Rock because he is made of rock. He is not Dwayne Johnson 😂

Anyway, thank you so much for all the support💞💞 Also I'm sorry I can't update very regularly because I either can't be bothered, when I am motivated I have huge writer's block or I'm busy with school N shit sooo.. sorry🙃💙