Chapter 8

Bea's POV

"Mom!" I yell closing and locking the front door behind me.

"In the kitchen!" she yells back. I kick off my shoes and walk into the kitchen where my family sat all around the table looking at me. My mom pats the seat next to her and I oblige. Elliot and Georgia both have their hands folded on the table and a very serious look on their faces. I start to become worried.

"What happened?" I ask them anxiously. They both look at each other and laugh at my nervous state. I roll my eyes realizing they were only bluffing and turn to my mom. "Okay, what's actually going on?"

"Well, this might actually be semi good news," she states shooting my siblings a stern look. "You know how we're all going on vacation to Orlando, Florida this year?"

We all nod our heads in response.

"And we were going to stay with your Aunt Kelly for two weeks at her beach house there?"

"Were?" we all question my mom, now fully concerned. My Aunt Kelly is about 27 years old and lives in Los Angeles, California and has a nice beach house in Florida. She's always talked about how much she'd like to have a vacation with us ever since she'd bought the beach house in Florida. Of course, I'd love to because she's really funny and she's helped me through some tough times. Dare I say we have a special bond.

"Let me finish! She's going to be in Ireland those weeks, in fact, she'll be in Ireland for about a month--"

"WHAT?!" Elliot interrupts slamming his hands on the table. We all jump at his loud and unnecessary reaction. "WE'VE BEEN PLANNING THIS ALL YEAR! WE WERE GOING TO GO TO DISNEYWORLD AND UNIVERSAL AND--NO! WE WERE GOING TO GO TO HARRY POTTER WORLD! MOM COME ON YOU KNOW I'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO GO!"

"Elliot, Sweetheart, calm down! We're still going to go," my mom explains calmly. That's the thing I love most about my mom. Whenever we're angry or in a bad mood she's always calm and never gets angry at us.

"Huh?" I question.

"We now have an extra ticket and Aunt Kelly has to go to Ireland because her best friend is having major surgery and is going to need someone to take care of her and the house. Aunt Kelly is her only resort. So, she said that we could still stay at her house and go on our own vacation. She doesn't want her not being there to ruin it."

Elliot sits back down in his seat and sighs.

"So, what are we doing with Aunt Kelly's ticket?" Georgia asks.

"Well," my mom continues, bending down towards the floor, and grabbing a hat with little pieces of white paper in it. "I have all of your names in this hat written on five pieces of paper each and I'm going to pick one. Whoever I pick gets to invite whoever they want as long as I approve."

Elliot got immensely excited at the idea and forgot all about Aunt Kelly. I had to say I was pretty excited about this. We all wait patiently for the answer.

"Georgia!" she exclaims. Elliot and I let out loud groans of disapproval as my mom places the piece of paper back into the hat. "Okay, Georgia, just make sure you run by me who you're going to--"

"I don't want it," Georgia blurts out completely cutting off my mom. We all stop and stare at her in pure confusion. What did she mean she didn't want it? Who wouldn't want a free pass to invite their best friend with them to Florida?

"Georgia? Wha--"

"I just don't want it! Okay, Elliot?"

Elliot throws his hands up in defense, rests his head in his hands, and his elbows on the table looking quite embarrassed and upset that Georgia had snapped at him.

"Okay, fine, if that's what you want. I'll just pick another one," my mom reassures her reaching into the hat again. She pulls out another smaller slip of paper and opens it without hesitation. Elliot and I are both waiting in anticipation for the answer.

"Bea!"

"YES!" I exclaim all too loudly jumping up out of my seat. I realize how loud I was and clear my throat sitting right back down in my seat. "I mean, cool I guess."

Elliot lets out a long and low groan and stomps up the steps into his bedroom. Georgia quietly leaves the table and follows after Elliot without hesitation. I decided to just brush my sibling's weird attitudes off and call to see which friend I was inviting.

First on my list, Jessi Case.

I dial her number and wait for her to pick up. Which didn't take long?

"Hey, girl!" the familiar voice exclaims. I chuckle at her childlike excitement and pull myself up onto the marble countertop.

"Hey! I've got a question for you."

"Shoot!"

"Are you free in about...five days for two weeks?" I ask excitedly awaiting her answer. To be honest, I would much prefer she came than anyone else. Plus my family knows her best and they love her. Especially my mom.

"Um, that's oddly specific. May I ask why?" she answers. I sigh and roll my eyes.

"My Aunt Kelly, the one who lives in Los Angeles, has a beach house in Florida and she invited my family to go on vacation with her. But, unfortunately, her friend that lives in Ireland is having major surgery and needs help. So, we have an extra ticket," I explain to her.

"You want me to come with you on vacation? With your family?" she questions. I fall silent for a moment, wondering why she all the sudden sounded so hesitate.

"Um--"

"Of course I would, silly! My goodness, Bea, you're so gullible!" I laugh and roll my eyes playfully. Jessi was always messing around with me. "Oh, no! Wait...I can't go." My face falls as I hear her say the words. Great, she got me all excited for nothing.

"Why?" I ask in a rather bitter tone. It's not that I was mad at her I was just mad at the fact she couldn't come all of a sudden. Okay, fine, I was a little mad at her.

"I'm going to London with my family in a week. Remember? I kept texting you about it," she informed me. I hop off the kitchen counter and start skating slowly around the kitchen floor in my socks. "I'm sorry," she continues when I don't reply right away.

"It's alright. I'll just find someone else. Have fun! Send me pictures!"

"Thanks! I will! Bye!" And we both hang up without another word.

>•<>•<>•<

After two long and tedious calls with Katie then Cole I finally just decided to take a break and try thinking of someone else that I'd, and my family would be comfortable enough spending the next two weeks with. But that was the problem, those were the only friends I was comfortable being with for two weeks. Those were my best friends. I scroll through my list of contacts aimlessly not finding anyone of interest.

Until I land on one particular name that I had recognized. Jamie 

>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<

Hello, my minions!

So, you're probably wondering why I've updated so soon. That's because I'm really excited about this book and it's summer and I wanna write a lot before school starts up again.

So here you go!!!

Love y'all!!! 💙❤💛