Chapter 3: July 13th, 2000

I stared at the big wide ocean off Japan, the ground and the large and busy cities gradually getting larger. The plane had begun to ascend, the long metal landing pad and runway were soon in view, I couldn't help but feel a bit excited. Beside the fact that I would once again see my 'older' sister, Krul, I could finally stretch out my wings after all I was with Urd and Lest. It had taken many hours to get from Germany to Japan. After some nerve-wrecking minutes our plane had landed perfectly.

I slipped out of the plane first, I let my wings unfurl and I could imagine the sheer awe from the people vampires who had never seen such things, after all not to brag, my wings and I were simply breath taking.

 In which I hoped because I had spent a good amount time brushing and grooming them because, my wings were just like long hair; they may look beautiful based on how conditioned it was or it could look like utterly complete crap

I glamorously walked out the plane to dear Krul.

Krul's POV:

Many vampires eyes widened at the smell of Maria's blood, I couldn't blame them though...she had smelt divine when I first met her. 

I walked forward slightly and was met with the oh so warm arms and chest of my younger sister. It didn't surprise me that Maria would do such a daring thing...but it sure did surprise the other vampires. I could practically sense the bloodlust in the air, though at least most of them had covered their primal urges well...except for the wretched Ferid Bathory.

Ferid was no ordinary vampire, he wasn't one that I could and would stomp out of existence. The reason I couldn't utterly and completely erase him off the Earth because the infuriating man had..certain blackmail on me and would no doubt cause some suspicion around his untimely death. He was a seventh progenitor, not classified as a 'high' progenitor, but he was the most high ranked vampire on the Progenitor Council in Japan after me, a noble nonetheless. His death would berth suspicion.

I soon snapped out of my thoughts because I didn't want to ruin the meeting for poor Maria who was slightly confused about my narrowed eyes and mad look on my childish face. She raised a perfect slim eyebrow. She laughed quietly at my display of emotion. Her face was beautiful, the raised cheeks and cherub cheeks, the twinkling eyes. As annoying and childish as she was, she was my annoying and childish sister, she was truly special to me; I also reminded her of this simple fact time to time.

"Hello...Maria" I said sweetly, breaking the moment of silence that had become so prominent since she had exited that flying metal deathtrap called a 'plane'. I had never learnt to trust the flying things..call me old fashioned but I wouldn't step into it unless I had to. Call me old fashioned but I would never willingly step on those death traps. I was born in a time where the simple idea of planes was insane.

I just knew that the other vampires were staring at me and Maria. It was like I broke my 'character design' by acting all sweet and tender around a women who looked much older then I, especially one they had never laid their eyes upon. 

The little welcoming group I had been surrounded by were filled with not only nobles but common vampires too. Surprisingly most vampires didn't really care to much about the ranking system with vampire-kind, most were actually pretty 'understanding' with that sort of thing. Though mostly it was because no one cared to much to bring that up to others, after all vampires only joined together because over the centuries things got boring, a thing that only other vampires would be able to relate to.

"Oh Krul" Maria whispered at me for everyone to hear, as she hugged me once again."It's been ages, dear." I felt like I would fly into outer space because Maria never knew her own strength..she was swinging me around again. There was only one person I would let touch and treat me like this and it was Maria. I sighed slightly as Maria rubbed cheeks with me, before I decided it was enough.