Always Something

Excuse all errors! Vote & comment.

Kaydence's POV

"Good to see you KD." Marvin greeted me as I walked in to the warehouse. He was trying to be funny because I took so long and they were waiting on me so that they could start the meeting that was supposed to start 40 minutes ago.

I ignored his petty greeting and sat down in between Los and Ocho while chuckling at how he turned his face up at me like, 'well, nigga.. fuck you too'

"Okay, good afternoon gentlemen. . This is kind of like a preparation meeting. I don't need anybody dyi-." Marvin began talking as he rounded the table, making me feel uncomfortable. "Aye Marv, can you sit down? You making me paranoid." I asked, interrupting his statement.

"I hope you listening to what I'm telling y'all." He said to me and then took a seat across from Michael before he continued on, "I don't need anybody dying so guns, guns, guns. . We will be supplying you guys within the next few days because we can't lack in any areas. This is some real shit." He looked down on the sheet of paper that he was holding and then back up, "Guns and gear, vests and masks. We have to be prepared."

"I don't mean to cut you off Marv but wait a minute." Michael spoke up for the first time. "I'm looking at the faces of some of y'all and a few of you seem scared. Don't be. We've been doing this, we won't have to worry about any problems if you guys just listen and pay close attention." I nodded in agreement and then started to look around to see who looked scared because I damn sure knew it wasn't me. There wasn't even a scary bone in my body.

"KD, sit out for the remainder of this. Let them handle i-"

"Man, hell no. We need him." Nuk blurted out. "Y'all don't need him. Y'all want him so y'all can have the easy way out." Michael corrected.

"That's bullshit man and you know it." Nuk responded. I looked back and forth between them. I knew that this would happen anyway though, they wanted to see how the guys functioned without me.

"Now as I was saying, KD, sit out and let them handle it. If we just so happen to need you, I know you'll be ready." He nodded at me and I nodded back.

"Right now, as we speak, we have a set up being prepared in the city of Baltimore and it should be done by the end of this week. Most of you will travel down and from there, another meeting will be scheduled." Marvin began to explain and then Michael spoke, "Only a selected few of you will be in Baltimore for these few weeks, obviously because we have to have someone at 76th." Marvin chimed in again, "Ocho, you'll be going. . Santana, Tay, Praylow, y'all are going."

"How many weeks?" Praylow asked. He was a nigga around my age but I didn't know him at all. We never spoke. "Three or four. That's cool with you?" Mike asked and he nodded.

Mike continued to call out the names of people who were going, "Nuk, Maniac, Chuks, Ant, Buck, and finally, Los." He finished. I could see potential in the ones that they had chosen.

Some people talked amongst each other about the trip but I sat, not saying anything, in fact, only one thing left my mouth since I'd gotten here. I was thinking hard about the Samantha situation because this bitch was fucking nuts and she had me nervous.

I hoped and prayed that she didn't pop up at the house at the wrong time and prayed even harder that whatever she was talking about with court was a lie. She had no reason to take me to court unless she was getting ready to pin a baby up on me but that was almost impossible. She couldn't be pregnant.

I had shit figured out now too. . There was nothing that crazy women could do to convince me to have sex with them anymore unless it was Dani's crazy ass. I had seen it way too many times and enough was enough. Bitches were really psycho out here and only brung unnecessary drama into my life.