Too Many Mistakes

Vote & Comment!

Omniscient's POV

"Maybe I'm not ready," Kaydence said to himself in the mirror before he got ready to shower. It was 3 weeks after the proposal and now he was actually thinking harder about the decision that he was making.

He loved Daniella but he was still young and not as mature as he should've been. Kaydence would still look at a fat ass on a bitch who walked past, and to him, this meant that he wasn't really ready for commitment.

And on top of that, He was afraid, and was lowkey on the edge about losing Dani the same way he got her but today, he had plans to meet with Mr. Rodriguez so that they could talk about how he felt and actually make sure that this man saw no problem with him marrying his daughter.

They got along pretty well, Mr. Rodriguez was cool. Whenever they were in each other's presence they would talk about things like sports and foreign cars, typical man talk.

**

Almost 2 hours had passed and Kaydence was now pulling up to Daniella's parents house for the sit down. He wasn't even nervous, surprisingly.

He stepped out of his car, made his way up to the doorstep, and was greeted by Mr. Rodriguez just as he was about to ring the doorbell.

"What's up man? How ya doing?" He shook Kaydence's hand and welcomed him inside.

"I'm a'ight, how about yourself?"

"Pretty good. Follow me into what I call 'the man cave,'" He said in a jokingly manner. Kaydence was lowkey glad to not see Mrs. Rodriguez, being that she always gave off bad vibes, no matter how hard she pretended to like him.

Kaydence's POV

"So what made you propose?" Mr. Rodriguez asked me as he made himself comfortable in his lazy-boy.

"I- I just think I'm ready," I lied, "I want Daniella forever."

"You think?" He raised an eyebrow.

"I mean, I've never gotten this deep into a relationship so I can't be 100% sure."

"If you aren't 100% sure, Ima tell you now, don't do it... Because once you share those vows, and you swear before God, there's no going back."

I nodded in understanding.

"For real, don't hurt my baby. That's my only baby girl. If you aren't ready, hold off. Marriage isn't for everyone. If your heart isn't in it, DON'T DO IT."

"I won't hurt her. You got my word on that, I told you before."

30 minutes of talking turned into hours and I was finally getting ready to leave. Mr. Rodriguez laid everything on the table for me, shared his marriage experience with me, and after it all, I had A LOT to think about.

I felt bad for second guessing the engagement after putting the ring on her finger but maybe she would understand later on. Maybe.

I was now pulling up to the trap to have a discussion about the move down south. I knew I had to do it but my only concern was doing it alone.

I still had animosity towards Mike but business was business and I knew that he didn't mean much harm.

"Damn, waddup stranger? You don't fuck with a nigga no more." Nuk shouted from the porch as I stepped out of my car. I mugged him and continued inside the trap. That nigga knew that I wasn't fucking with him at the moment.

I walked into loud music blasting and the aroma of weed and dope cooking mixed together. When they saw that it was me, they turned the music down.