Ponyville

The two ponies followed a trail that lead away from Sapphire's house, slowly curving to the left. Blitz continued fearlessly, like it didn't bother her that they were going to a haunted castle.

Blitz passed the treeline, walking into the tall grass of the meadow, but Sapphire stopped. "You lied!" She let out.

"Well, how else was I going to get you to come this far?" Blitz stated.

"I'm leaving." Sapphire said.

"Wait! Come on. Just give it a try. I promise, nopony even remembers anymore." Blitz said.

"How can you be sure?" Sapphire said angrily.

"Because, nopony even talks about it anymore." Blitz said. "And besides, nopony will say anything unless you do."

Sapphire went silent for a long time. 'Do you think we can trust her?' She asked Ruby.

'Not my call. But I feel as if we should. Just isn't right not to trust anypony your whole life. You'll be miserable.' Ruby stated firmly.

"Fine. I will trust you, but don't lie again. Ever." Sapphire glared at Blitz.

"I won't. Pinkie Promise." Blitz said, going through the motions.

Sapphire gave her a questioning look, which Blitz then explained to her what it was.

After explaining, Blitz turned towards Ponyville as the sun beat down on the meadow before them. "Well, let's get going before it's too late." She said, stretching her wings.

" I can't fly." Sapphire stated blankly.

"Oh, right." Blitz chuckled nervously.

She folded her wings again, then started walking. Sapphire followed at a slight distance, still worried about showing herself to the ponies of the town that banished her so long ago.

The walk was rather short. Perhaps three minutes long. When they arrived, a wave of fear washed over Sapphire, so she stopped and took a step back, concealing herself in the grass.

"I can't..." She stated, fear obviously in her voice.

"Yes you can. It'll be okay." Blitz said, extending her hoof towards the mare.

Sapphire whimpered, but found herself taking her hoof. She let out a gasp when Blitz pulled her forward. Sapphire was about to yell, but realized that suddenly Blitz had her legs wrapped around her shoulders. The embrace was odd, yet exactly what she needed. The warmth gave her courage and she found herself holding Blitz in return.

"See? It'll be okay." Blitz cooed in Sapphire's ear.

"Okay."

The two entered town and Sapphire instantly took note of the smiling, busy ponies. The town had a lot more ponies than before. In fact, she hadn't recognized anypony yet.

"Hey, let's go to my friend's house first. I am sure she'll be happy to see a new pony. She loves meeting ponies." Blitz smiled.

"Okay. I guess that'll work." Sapphire said. She followed Blitz through the busy streets, eventually stopping in front of a lone house facing towards the town hall.

Sapphire's heart lurched. This house was built on top of the death site of her sister. Where the windmill used to be. She started to freak out, but Blitz simply put a hoof on her back.

"You're alright. She did it for you." Blitz smiled.

Sapphire took a deep breath, then stepped up to the door. She raised her hoof, knocked, then waited. She could only hear the pounding of her heart as the seconds rolled by. After about twenty seconds, the door opened to reveal a white pony with clear blue eyes and a deep blue mane.