A Strange Pony

Sapphire woke to the morning calls of the birds, groggy as she rose from where she was prone. She sucked a deep breath of clean, fresh air. She glanced towards the window, which was open and nearly jumped out of her skin.

"Remain Calm, friend. I only came for a happy end." Zecora smiled from the kitchen. "A good remedy for your ailments. Helps ease the harmful remnants." She raised the spoon and sipped the concoction.

"You really gotta stop that. Just use the door. And at the very least wake me up..." Sapphire wiped at her eyes. Rising from The couch, her body groaned against her. The weeks leading up to now was catching up.

"My apologies for the intrusion. I just couldn't pass up the chance for a reunion." Zecora chuckled, her jewelry clacking against itself.

Sapphire remained silent as she continued to wake up. Before long, Zecora came to her side, an herbal tea prepared.

"Drink." She stated, shoving the cup towards her. Once she took the cup, Zecora sat on the couch.

The two spent the majority of the morning talking about the adventures that Sapphire had been on. After a few hours and most of the forest's daylight, Zecora bid farewell, leaving Sapphire alone again.

Sapphire sighed, looking around at the books she had. She figured she could go into town.  After packing her saddle bags, she stretched and set out. She glanced back to her house, a lottle forlorn. Something told her that this peace wouldn't last.

And she had little idea that she would get caught up in the lightning's fury.

A/N: That's a hint. The story will continue into rhe next story, The Lightning's Fury. Go read it to see what happens next!!!