Chapter 26

Roses Pov

I slept soundly waking up to the fresh smells of bacon and tea. The bacon was sliding away in yet pan while the tea was slowly boiling over the fire. Heidi then came from outside with wooden logs in her arms as much as she could carry.

"Morning Rose", she greeted me with the logs falling on the ground at her feet. She then started to place them in the fire, "I think the tea is done. Can you please set the table while I see if the bacon is done? All the stuff you need is in the cabinet below and the cutlery is just above it", I then followed her instructions and then set the table out. She then came back and started to load the food. Then the roaring of the car engines shook the cabin. "They're here", then we both got up and greeted Catilen, Chris and Cathleen.

"I think someone is missing you and is getting hungry", Cathy walked up to me before handing Josephine over.

"How has she been?", I asked

"Good she went to bed pretty easy after you dropped her off. She woke up twice during the night. But other then that I think she's getting hungry", we then all entered the house while Heidi served everyone at the table while I went into another room and fed Josephine.

**

"So what's the plan now?", Heidi started that conversation off.

"Well I can't stay in New York anymore with Josephine. Cause Cal knows about us", I told them.

"True. He's probably looking for you right now actually", Heidi picked up her plate and took it to the sink.

"You're right. You need to get out of here Rose. But where will you go?", Caitlin asked me. I then thought hard.

"Anywhere. I want to go to Santa Monica pier but I'll wait until Joe older", I then thought about everything that Jack had said to me in that sun set, "Wisconsin. Chippwa Falls. That's where Jack grew up. That's where I want to go"

"But what about my wedding?", Cathy spoke up, "I want you all to be there and to be my bridesmaids"

"Well you can still have that. It's just that the wedding needs to be pushed forward by a few weeks", Chris told her.

"Then I want to get married as soon as possible then", she shared a kiss with him.

"But what about Cal? He would have everyone looking for me now?", I said worried about what could happen.

"Relax. He won't find you up here. You can stay up here for a few weeks until it's safe", Heidi brought ease to my mind.

"I think that's a good plan. That way we can still visit you and tell you what's going on. While you're safe up here", Caitlin supported the idea.

"Well this is a beautiful rich area. Are there any spectacular places to get married?", Chris asked Heidi. She just smirked at him. While Cathy kissed him all over.

"Well there are quite a few stunning places. I'm sure you two can get hitched up here. It would be cool and nice. Plus not many people have their wedding in nature", Heidi said

"Then it settled then. Rose and Josephine will stay up here. Me and Cath will push our wedding date  and we'll look for spots in the woods", Chris clarified with everyone, "then after the wedding we'll discus where Rose and Josephine will go", after that was said we then dug into what was left was on our plates. One by one they then filed out of the house and just left me and Josephine alone together again.

Me and Josephine played and cooked together. I also read to her while we were on the ground, and we also fell asleep, and I sung lullabies to her. She was always so happy and peaceful. Just like her father. Jack.