About "Broken Dreams"

We all had dreams when young. We work to build these dreams as we grow into adults. But somehow the unhappy unrealities of life break these dreams, no matter how much they mean to us. 

BROKEN DREAMS tells the story of Shu Lin, a girl who lives in a small country village. Her life’s path is set from the beginning. Married young. Have lots of children. Be a good wife and mother. Watch her children repeat the same cycle of life. 

But is Shu Lin doomed to repeat this pattern? Is there another destiny for her? Is her fate up to her, or are there more powerful forces that will make her do what she is expected to do – be a simple village woman!

BROKEN DREAMS tells about how environment, people, circumstances can change a person. It’s a book that’s rich in life. It tells of a life that encompasses every intricacy that makes Shu Lin's life the way it is.

FROM JOY LEE

This is my first book, so naturally I’m nervous. But this is not the final draft. I am hoping to receive constructive feedback from you, readers. I will use that feedback to improve the storyline, character development and dialogue. And if you find a typo or grammatical mistake, please let me know. Comment anonymously if you wish; I read every comment!

I plan to release one chapter each week. Please do follow my book so that you know when new chapters are released. 

Thank you. Enjoy! (Joy Lee is also a blogger at http://askwomenthebest.blogspot.com)

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS:

THANK YOU to 'brandnick'. This book would not have been possible without his guidance. Do follow brandnick's book, too. http://www.wattpad.com/story/14273186-conquer-%26-die

Also THANK YOU to G.L.Low for helping me with the book cover.

Image credit: <a href='http://www.123rf.com/hasenonkel'>hasenonkel / 123RF Stock Photo</a>