Chapter 12

STILL HAYES POV:

"Hey!" I say and walk up to her.
"I've missed you!" She says.
"Yeah me too." I say a little quieter.
She leans in and starts kissing me.
I don't know what to do so I just go along with it.

ANNAS POV:

Ok. So this might sound crazy but I'm a little bit worried.
Hayes hasn't come back yet and it's been like 5-6 minutes.
I get up and walk to the bathroom door. I knock and say, " Hayes? You still in there?"
No answer.
I walk around a while and I come to see two people making out in the middle of the trail. PDA!!! :0
I walk a little closer. HAYES?!? IS THAT HAYES?!?
"HAYES?!? WHAT THE HECK?!?" I yell.
He looks at me, ashamed. He should feel that way! My eyes start to tear up. I can't take this any longer.
I run to the duck pond, where Hannah told me she would be, Nash and she are holding hands. I grab Hannah's arm and start crying. I know. I feel like a big baby right now. Hannah looks at me and covers her mouth in shock. She pulls me behind the fence that separates the pond from the trail.
"What's going on?" She says calmly but concerned.
"Hayes. It's Hayes." I say between sniffles.
She shakes her head. "I would ask what he did but I think it's time to go."
I nod.
Nash comes up behind me and picks me up bridal style.
Hannah rubs my shoulder and I think I see her cry a little too.
-
Finally we find Hayes by himself sitting on a bench with his face in his hands.
Nash summons him to come and he follows behind all of us. He sticks his hands in his pockets, kicking rocks as he walks. I would look back at him but I don't want to see him. He makes me mad.
-
The car ride home was silent and awkward. The only noise was when Nash coughed, obviously trying to be quiet.
-
Back at the Jacob's we all went back to our rooms.
I trudge up the stairs, my head down, very light headed and dizzy. I needed to rest after what all happened today.