020

I hadn't been to the cemetery in years. Of course, I knew it was going to be awkward if I went to Juniors funeral. His father Dr. Johnson was obviously going to be there, and after I had won the case, we hadn't spoken. But I had to pay my respects to the man who helped me accomplish everything in the past month. So Jack and I dressed in our blackest clothes, and payed a private visit to Juniors grave after the funeral had finished.

The diggers had just finished piling the dirt onto his coffin, and it was still dark and fresh.

I walked up to the stone which read:

Joe Johnson Jr.
July 7th, 1977 - May 26th 1999

His headstone was bigger, and fancier than the others. Of course, Dr. Johnson could afford such a beautiful headstone. It even had a statue of a small angel on top.

I placed the bouquet of flowers I had bought on the way to the cemetery as Jack held the umbrella above us, as it was raining.

"Hey, Junior... I never thought I'd say goodbye to you like this." I said, laughing slightly as a tear rolled down my cheek. "We have said goodbye to each other so many times this month. I never thought it would come down to such a harsh one... but thank you. I know that thank you isn't really enough to show gratitude for such a sacrifice, but it's all I got. Oh, and the bouquet, of course." I knelt down on the grass, staring directly at the headstone as if I were talking to it. "You will always be my best friend, Junior. You stuck with me through thick and thin. You helped me through the craziest shit... and..." I gulped. "I don't know what I'm going to do without you..." I muttered as I began to cry. My cries turned into sobs, before I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up to see Jack, who had a few tears rolling down his cheeks too.

I took his hand in mine, before standing up and hugging him tightly, crying into his shoulder.

I felt his arms wrap themselves tightly around my torso, and I instantly felt comforted.

I then pulled away, looking down at the grave once more. "I'll see you soon, Joe..." I mumbled, before slowly turning around and walking towards the car that waited at the gates.

As I walked further from his grave, I felt as if I was leaving my best friend behind. I would visit every weekend, but every weekend, it would still hurt to walk away.

As I approached my car, I heard a feminine voice announce my name.

"Rose."

I turned my head to the right, to see my mother standing in the rain, also dressed in black. I'm guessing she had gone to Juniors funeral.

"Mom?" I asked, almost shouted over the loudness of the rain hitting the pavement of the sidewalk under me.

She walked over to me, almost ran, before pulling me into a tight hug. "I am so sorry... he... he threatened me-"

"It's okay." I said, interrupting her before pulling away and looking directly at her face. "I'll take you home."

It looked like she had been crying, but it was difficult to tell with the raindrops constantly falling down her face.

She nodded, smiling slightly before I lead her to the backseat of my car. After her and Jack got in, I did as well.

• • •

Two months later...

As I stepped out of the car, I held a bouquet of flowers in my hand. I shut the car door, before making my way through the gates of the cemetery. And I instantly saw Jack, standing over a headstone with his own bouquet in his hands.

Whenever Jack runs off without saying anything, I always knew the cemetery is where he'll be.

I approached him from behind, snaking an arm around his waist and catching him off-guard. He smiled once he saw that it was me, wrapping his arm around my shoulders as we both held flowers.

I looked down at the familiar grave.

Here Lies:
Rose Dewitt Bukater Dawson
April 5th, 1895 - April 17th, 1997

"Do you miss her?" I asked, looking over at him.

"Yeah, of course. More than anything." He then placed the bouquet on the grass near the headstone, and I did the same.

"Me too." I said, sighing and leaning my head on his shoulder.

"I did not expect this to be my life. If I hadn't gone on that ship, I would be living on the streets of England. But I'm here. 87 years later, still young, and a survivor." He said.

I nodded. "It's tough. Really tough." I agreed, sighing slightly.

"But you made it livable." He added, looking over at me and pulling me into a long hug.

I smiled brightly, hugging him back. I remembered the night when I promised him I would make his life livable, and I succeeded.

"Thank you, Rose." He whispered.

"Your welcome, Jack."

• • •

So there you have it! The story of how I, Rose Bukater II, met, saved, and eventually fell in love with the last Titanic survivor.

We later eventually became husband and wife, in 2005, and I gave birth to a boy in 2006. His name is Junior Dawson. In 2007, I gave birth to a girl. Her name, Rose Bukater Dawson III. Our life continued to be filled with adventures, travels, mishaps and milestones.

But in my room hangs a drawing. The first drawing Jack had done when he first came to life again, taped together after he had ripped it that night in Johnson Labs.

Him and Rose, getting off of the Titanic together in New York. A reminder of how this all began, and our families rich history.

A fate never fulfilled, but the reason another had been.

The End.