014

As I twisted my blonde hair, tons of water squeezed out of it and onto the grass beside me. I smoothed it back, before slipping my jeans back on and removing my soaked shirt. My bra was wet too, but I didn't mind it too much.

I slipped on a red Tommy Hilfiger tee I had grabbed from my room. "I'm leaving the Johnson Labs clothing here. I can't afford being noticed in public wearing these anymore." I explained, tossing the soaked clothes onto the ground. "You can borrow a pair of sweatpants and a tee I took from my brothers room." I offered, pulling the clothes out of the bag.

"You have a brother?" He asked, taking the clothes and slipping on the black sweatpants first.

"I did. He left with my dad." I told him, slipping the much lighter bag onto my shoulders.

"I'm sorry..." he muttered as his head poked through the white Calvin Klein shirt.

"It's okay, it's not your fault." I shrugged, looking up. "It's dark." I stated. "Probably nine."

"Where are we going now?" He asked.

"Have you ever stood at the top of a cliff?" I asked with a slight smirk.

He began to laugh hysterically. "A cliff? In New York?"

"There's a lot to this City you don't know. Especially hidden in this park." I told him as I began walking in the familiar direction of the cliff side.

The cliff wasn't very tall, but it was tall enough to kill a person if they dared to jump. As a teen, I would spend my afternoons climbing it, and sitting on the edge. Of course, it was one of my many hidden hotspots.

"How do you know so much about this park?" He asked as we walked through the series of trees and bushes.

"Me and my brother use to hike out here all the time. We know this place off the back of our hands!"

He smiled at me, before his expression saddened. "What happened? Between your mom and dad?" He asked.

"My father wanted to sell my grandmothers stuff. He planned on using her status as a Titanic survivor to gain profit off her belongings." I told him, getting angry at just the thought of my grandmothers story being used for money. "My mom caught him trying to sell her jewelry, her hair pins... instant divorce!"

"I'm sorry..." Jack sighed. "That's not fair."

"It really wasn't. But it's over now." I shrugged. Finally, we neared the cliff. The number of trees and bushes began to die down until it was just the grassy ground under us, and a tall, rock wall in front of us.

Jack peered up at the wall, then at me. "We aren't going to climb it, are we...?" He asked.

I nodded with a grin. "Yes we are!" I walked over to the wall, grabbing hold of a rock. I gripped it with my hand, before stepping on another rock with my foot. I slowly ascended the large wall, barely being able to see the top.

I looked down to see Jack watching intently. "Coming up?!" I called down.

"You're seriously suicidal or something!" He said, causing me to laugh. I was not scared to do this. I had done it so many times before.

"Or something!" I replied, before looking up and beginning to climb again. Finally, I reached the top of the cliff, taking hold of the edge and using whatever upper body strength I had to pull me up.

I sat on the top, my legs dangling off the side as I watched Jack attempt what I just did. "This isn't safe you know! It would be a shame if I survived the Titanic and died from something as simple as this."

I scoffed. "You'll only fall if you believe you'll fall!" I called down.

"Yeah well I believe in gravity! And gravity says I'll fall!" His voice began to creep closer.

Soon enough, I saw his hand grab the edge of the rocky wall beside me. I quickly stood up, grabbing his other hand as I used my legs to pull him up.

"Don't let go of the wall." I ordered as I slowly pulled him up.

Suddenly, the sound of cracking filled our ears. The rock he had been standing on broke, causing him to fail and dangle from the top of the cliff, on hand in mine, and one on the wall.

I let out a shriek as it all happened so fast, before using all my strength to pull him. But he was too heavy.

Suddenly, the shadow of a person approached and grabbed onto Jack's other arm. I did not know who the stranger was at first, but did not argue with them considering they were helping to save my friend.

Finally, Jack was pulled over the top of the cliff, and we both collapsed to the floor out of breath.

I looked up at the stranger who towered  above us. They had a similar figure to someone I knew. Until I realized who it had been.

"Junior?!" I called out, standing up and hugging him tightly. He did not hesitate to wrap his hands around my torso. "What are you doing here?!"

"They're here. They're in the park looking for you!" I said, slightly out of breath as well.

"How...how did you find me?" I asked.

"I remembered all the stories you told me about this place. I knew you would be here. But you can't for much longer. You need to leave." He then pulled away and dug his hand into the pocket of his jean jacket. "Take this." He pulled out a stack of bills neatly tied together with a brown rubber band.

I shook my head vigorously. "I-I can't..." I said, denying the money.

He took my hand and placed the bills in my palm. "You need it. Now go stay at NYC Motel. I'll call you tomorrow around eight in the morning." He turned to leave, but I grabbed his wrist and pulled him into one last embrace.

"Thank you." I whispered. Then, I let go of him, and he was off.

Jack, who had been laying on the ground still, looked up at me. "Will there be room service?"