Chapter 9

"ANSWER ME AVI!!" Chance yells. "IS THAT A F*CKING HICKEY!!??"

Fear comes across Avi's face as he covers his neck with his hand. He quickly glances over at Adam.

"My, God! Tim has barely been gone for six months and you're already screwing somebody?!" Chance asks with a look of disgust on his face.

"NO! No, I'm not." Avi says shaking his head.

"Well, I know Adam didn't do it. Yall don't have that kind of relationship. Or has that changed?" Chance asks glancing around at Adam.

Adam quickly shakes his head 'No'.

"I can't believe you're already screwing around." Chance shakes his head in disbelief.

"I'M NOT SCREWING AROUND ON TIM!! HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT??!!" Avi screams at him.

"Well, then you tell me, Avi, just how did that hickey get on your neck? HUH!" Chance asks.

Avi squeezes his eyes shut as a tear rolls down his cheek. He had no idea what to say. He suddenly felt coldness on his shoulders as Tim lays his hands on his wife.

"Tell him." Tim whispers and places a kiss on Avi's ear.

"It .. It was Tim, Chance. It was Tim." Avi says with a slight smile.

"Avi." Adam says softly and shakes his head.

"He said to tell him." Avi says to Adam with a nod.

"Tim? Honey, I know you and Adam loved Tim very much. But, Sweetie, he's gone." Chance says as he takes Avi by the hand. "I know the heartache has to be devastating .."

"No, Chance, you don't understand. Tim is here. He's standing right behind me with his hands on my shoulders." Avi smiles. "Giving me strength like he always has."

Chance saw no one behind Avi. He looks around giving Austin a worried look. Austin could only shrug his shoulders.

"He is here, Chance. Avi hasn't gone crazy. Esther brought him back." Adam says.

"Esther? Avi's sister?" Chance asks. He wasn't making sense of any of this. Has living in this house driven the wives crazy?

"She's a physic medium. She didn't want to do it but I think she knew that Avi and I were planning on killing ourselves. One way or another, we were going to be with Tim." Adam says.

"She did a seance and brought his spirit back to us." Avi smiles as he places his hand on his shoulder where Tim's hand still rested.

"None of this is making any sense." Chance says shaking his head. "It's like a scene out of 'Pet Cemetery'. And yall expect me to believe this?"

Avi feels the coldness leave his shoulders. The spirit makes it's way to Austin. Austin jumps as he hears Tim whisper in his ear.

"Do something. Help them, you know I'm here." Tim whispers.

"Uh, Chance? I have to tell you something." Austin says as he crams his hands into his pockets.

"Oh, no. Not you too." Chance says.

"The night I had my car wreck? When I knocked on the door, that man (pointing to a picture of Tim) answered the door." Austin says.

"Guys, Tim is gone. He's dead." Chance says. "His body is buried in the cemetery."

"I know. I went to find it after you told me about Tim's accident. Chance, the man that opened the door and invited me in was the same man in the picture on the tomb rock." Austin says.