Chapter 22 (The FINAL Chapter)

"How are you feeling, Baby Boy?" Tim's spirit asks from the back seat as they leave the hospital.

"It's a little sore but a lot better than it was." Avi answers as he glances down at his bandaged arm.

"It could have been a whole lot worse." Adam comments, glancing around at Avi before looking back to the road.

"Yeah, it could have. But I can move pretty fast when I'm scared." Avi chuckles.

"It just surprises the hell out of me that she would even try something like this. You know what I'm saying?" Tim asks from the back seat. "I mean, making her little accusations is one thing but actually trying to kill one of you is another."

"She has definitely lost her mind." Adam nods. "She is not the same Jenika that we use to know."

"You got that right. The look on her face...." Avi says as he shakes his head. "The crazed look in her eyes. I just knew I was a goner. It was like a scene from 'Fatal Attraction'."

"Well, maybe she'll be locked away for a long time. Either in jail or a mental institution." Tim says. "And we won't have to deal with her anymore."

"We'll actually be able to live in peace and not having to keep looking over our shoulder." Adam adds. "We have to stop by the police station and give our statement."

"Just remember not to let my name slip. That would not be good." Tim says.

"Yeah, we would end up in the mental institution with her." Avi chuckles.

"Yeah. The officer would ask me, 'Adam? Where were you at the time of the attack?' and my answer would be, 'Oh, I was in the laundry room having a little make-out session with our husband.' That would definitely get us a one-way ticket to the institution." Adam laughs.

"Here I was, fighting for my life, and you two were making out. Geez!" Avi says as he shakes his head.

"It's not my fault that you both are so d*mn sexy." Tim laughs.

~~

As Adam and Avi walk into the station, Officer Cena glances around from a conversation that he was having with another officer. 

"Hey, guys. Just have a seat over there at my desk and I'll be with you in just a second." He tells them as he gets back to his conversation.

"I never thought in a million years that we would be in a police station filing assault charges on someone that used to be a good friend." Avi whispers quietly to Adam.

"They'll probably do a mental evaluation on her. She's definitely crazy. So I know she'll be put into a mental institution." Adam replies.

"We'll have to testify against her." Avi says as he stares straight ahead at actually nothing.

"Yeah, along with Chance, Austin and Olena. Everyone that has witnessed her behavior." Adam nods.

"It's going to be alright, guys." Tim whispers between them. "Just relax and tell the police everything. Things she said at the restaurant, her visit to the house, her stalking our house."

"Okay, guys. Sorry, it's been a crazy morning." Officer Cena says as he takes his jacket off and hangs it on the back of his chair. 

"You telling me?" Avi chuckles and shakes his head.

"Yeah, I guess it has been for you guys. Mind if I get comfortable?" He grins as he takes his shoulder holster off and lays it on his desk. "These things are very uncomfortable."