Ignorant

"Uh- Hey so..." Keith broke the awkward silence, finally.  "Could you not tell Pidge and Hunk about any of this this?" He gestured to his bruised up body.

Lance eyed his friend, a look of unease on his face.

"I know- I just please... I don't want them to freak out... I won't hear the end of if and I just-I can't deal with it right now okay...?"  Keith's voice was soft and genuine, his eyes pleading.

Lance seemed to ponder for a moment, chewing the inside of his cheek.
"Alright man..." He began. "I'll keep this under wraps... on one condition."
Keith raised an eyebrow at that.
"You gotta come to me if something happens again."
"I-"
"—upbubupbup! You don't gotta tell me anything okay? You just have to come to me, call me, whatever ~ just something...deal?"

"...yeah, okay... deal."

———

Lance got ready for school the next morning, sneaking a glance at the boy curled up in his bed. A mess of fluffy blanket and jet black hair sticking out at every direction, he looked comfy.
He smiled to himself, glad he was finally able to Convince the stubborn little dick to share the bed with him last night.

He thought about waking him up for school but seeing as keith didn't want their friends to know about his battered up body... Lance guessed he wasn't coming to class today.

He grabbed his coat and bag carefully shutting the door behind him and heading downstairs for breakfast.

The first thing Lance sees is his Mom, gleefully slaving away in the kitchen. A quiet radio plays Vicente Fernández in the background as she sways her hips to the soft tune, humming along.
The smell of his mother's tostadas greet him, and not long after she does as well.
"Holà, good morning! Did you sleep well amor?"

"Yes, yes, morning mamà." Lance chuckled lovingly at her enthusiasm, walking up beside her and giving her a quick peck on the cheek.
He put on a pot off coffee and leaned against the counter, snatching a tostada off the platter.
"Ai, mijo! don't get crumbs on the floor I just swept!" His mother swatted the back of his head. "Go grab a plate Lance."

"Sorry mami." He apologized, reaching above her to grab a plate out of the cupboard.

Soon after one of Lance's younger brothers came thumping down the stairs, sitting at the counter and slamming his head down in his arms, groaning dramatically.
"Ay, Simon What's the matter?" Mamà McClain said, shoving the spatula she was using into Lance's free hand and shuffling over to her son.
"Mami, I'm dyinggg. I don't think I can go to school today." He whined.

"What hurts cariño?"

"Everythingg" Simon cried.

Rosa eyed the boy, a little sceptical.
She placed a hand on his forehead to check his temperature, feeling that he was indeed a little warm.
"Hmm, okay mijo...Go back to bed okay? I'll call your school and come bring you breakfast in a bit."

"Si... gracias mamà"
Lance watched as his brother groggily stumbled back up the stairs. He's totally faking it. He thought, but shrugged it off, focusing his attention back to finish cooking as his mom left the room to call Simon's school.

———
Contact: Billy Ray Cyrus's Mullet

Lightning McClain: Hey man just a heads up im headin to class w/o u figured u we're gonna skip anyway n I wanted to let u sleep