Annabeth

The next day Annabeth had a huge bump on her head and it was aching. She didn't want to eat ambrosia because of something so little, so she decided to suffer through it like a normal human being.

That day in the school, she wanted to thank the new boy for saving her. During lunch, she tried to find him but it was like he was invisible. She searched for him the whole day without any luck. Finally, she saw the dark-haired guy walking towards the biology class. Apparently, they had that class together but Annabeth hadn't seen him before. Probably because she sits in the first row and she never knows who the other kids in her classes are.

She tried to walk faster so she could talk to the new guy, but he was walking extremely fast and Annabeth struggled in the crowd. When she finally got to the classroom, the boy was already sitting in the last row and scrolling through his phone with headphones on. The classroom was full and the teacher walked in. Annabeth sighed and sat on her desk next to Kate.

That day they talked about seas. Annabeth had always found marine biology extremely interesting. Yet for the first time in probably forever, she wasn't the one talking the most. The new guy knew a lot about the seas and the teacher let him speak because normally nobody wanted to talk during biology classes.

After the class, Annabeth finally got to the new boy.

"Hey," she said stepping in front of the boy who was clearly trying to get away from people as fast as possible. "I just wanted to thank you for yesterday.I don't know what happened but I am very grateful for rescuing me."

The new boy didn't raise his eyes from the floor and he shifted awkwardly. "Yeah sure, no problem, I hope you are okay..." His eyes wandered away from the situation and Annabeth felt bad for the poor guy without many friends. He seemed clearly uncomfortable and Annabeth decided to leave the guy alone. She waved her hand and smiled and the boy darted away.