Untitled Part 11

Gabriela sat quietly as she listened to Casey. She couldn't believe what she was hearing, well, she could but the reality of it was hard to face. She'd chosen not to acknowledge the elephant in the room, instead she somehow convinced herself that she wanted to be here. She wanted Joan and Joan wanted her. For the first time in her life, someone wanted her. 

She could tell that Casey was depressed and this was eating away at her big time. She, unlike Gabriela did not want this. 

"I'm so glad I met you" Casey whispered. "It's nice to have someone who knows what I'm going through, it's nice to have someone believe me" 

"Of course" Gabriela returned. "I'm sorry about your dad" She added. 

Casey shrugged. "What about your parents, do you miss them?" 

"I never really had any. I was an orphan until Joan found me" 

"I see" Casey nodded. 

"Alright girls" Lucy announced as she opened the closed bedroom door, without knocking. "Casey, say goodbye to Gabriela it's time to go home" 

Casey sighed. "Goodbye Gabriela. I'll see you later" Gabriela waved goodbye to the "Mother daughter pair" 

Soon after they were gone Joan entered Gabriela's room. 

"Hi sweetie, did you have fun with your new friend?" 

To Be continued...

Is anyone reading this?