~the mission~

This takes place not long after jiraiya and Naruto bring Lady Tsunade, Shizune and TonTon back to Konaha.

----'-'----''----'-'----'-'----'-'----'-'----'-'----'-'----'-'----'-'----'-'----'-'----'-'----'-'-----'-'----'-'----'-'----'-'--

3RD POV

Naruto made his way up the twisting and turning hallways that make up the Hokage tower, until he came to the door that led to his destination. Reaching for the door handle, the young Genin took a moment to calm his nerves.

"Kit. I'm sure it's fine, that Nara brat may be smart, but think about it... in his eyes, there is no reason for you to be treated the way that you where, so your excuse probably sounds like the only reasonable explanation."

The blonde let out a breath that he never even noticed that he was holding.

'Yeah I'm sure you are right Kurama, it's just- Nevermind'

Naruto took a hold of the handle and burst through the door as boisterously as possible, breaking Kurama's eardrums in the process.

"Hey! DO you want to be any LOUDER?"

Needless to say, the comment went completely ignored.

"HEY OBAA SAN! I hear you have a mission for us." The orange clad ninja announced upon his arrival, only to be greeted by an angry banshee.

"SHUT UP NARUTO-BAKA! Why are you so late, and show more respect. Lady Tsunade is the Hokage now."

'Hmph if it wasn't for me, she would even be here right now, she would probably have been killed by that snake pedo.'

"I know kit, I know..."

"I'm sorry Sakura-Chan"

"Hn" (guess who?)

"Anyway what's the mission ob- (insert scary glare from sakura) Hokage? NO WAIT! I think I know!...I bet it's a super secret S-rank thanks to my being on the team... RIGHT?!" The boy exclaimed.

"Get real naruto - Baka,  even if it was a 'super secret S rank' I bet it's because my Sasuke-Kun is on the team not you! Right Sasuke kunnnnnn~~~" Sakura

"Hn" Sasuke

The adults in the room sweat dropped at the antics, until lady Tsunade spoke "although I'm sure you are more that capable of handling a 'super secret S ranked' mission naruto, I'm afraid it's only C-ranked."

"Awww man" Although he didn't let it show, Naruto was happy for any mission that involved being out of the village for a few days. The reason being, today was October 8th, only two days before the boys birthday and the annual 'fox hunt'  and 'town bonfire'." So obaa-san, who we transporting today?" This comment lead to a strong punch on the head courtesy of one Sakura Haruno. It didn't hold a candle to the pain he normally felt, but the blonde played along anyway,  crocodile tears and all.

"Their name are kita, and zayuma Hajime, husband and wife, and loyal villagers of Konahagakure." The busy blonde answered proud to bear such loyal citezens as the ones in her own village. Unaware of the broken expression on narutos face.

NARUTO POV

within mere seconds it felt as though my whole world had come crashing down. I knew those names anywhere, the founders of the 'fox hunt' and 'town bonfire'.

I was yanked from my thoughts as tsunade started to talk again. "The couple would like protection as they travel to their daughters house for the kyuubi celebration. Their daughter lives in suna now, with her boyfriend and her own son. But due to her konaha blood, still feels obligated to celebrate. And due to having a young son is not fit for travel. When you get to suna,   you will meet with Gaara, Kankuro, and Temari. You will drop off the clients, and then the siblings with show you around their village and stay with you for a few days, until the celebration is over and you bring the clients back the village. The mission will take roughly 1 and a half weeks... anymore questions?"

"Yes, Lady Tsunade, may we please meet the clients?" Sakura

"Yes of course Sakura. ANBU send them in please."

---'-'----'-'----'-'----'-'----'-'----'-'----'-'----'-'----'-'----'-'----'-'----'-'----'-'----'-'----'-'----'-'----'-'----'-'----'-'----'-'--

So... that's chapter two, I hope you enjoy. Feedback is always welcome. Please feel free to corrects any of my mistakes, or make any suggestion.