An Ordinary Day

| Morishige |

School had felt a lot longer than usual. I wasn't even sure why, but I knew I wanted to leave. I felt exhausted and completely unmotivated.

Suddenly, I heard the final bell ring. I got out of my seat as if I was drunk.

Thank God... School's over.

I started walking towards the door, but didn't make it very far before I felt someone tap my shoulder and laughing.

"Shige-nii! Where are you going?"

Oh, it was just Mayu. Her presence alone made me smile, and it woke me up a bit.

"Home. Where else would I be going?"

I turned around and she laughed some more.

"Club, of course! You can't leave me alone! I could possibly die."

I shook my head, and even chuckled. My spirits were lifted, and my day was already made. Mayu had always been able to do that. She always brightens my day, and lifts my spirits when I'm feeling down.

"Don't die on me, Mayu. That's not allowed."

Mayu smiled and nodded before latching herself onto my arm.

"Okay! I won't! I'll just go with you."

"If you insist..."

I didn't mind her holding onto me as I began walking out of the building. In fact, this was normal to me. Mayu always held me in some way... And I liked it. If it were anyone else, I'd probably fall flat on the ground, having a seizure.

That's probably an exaggeration, but still.

We quickly made our way out, and just talked for a while. Mayu came to an abrupt stop, which nearly made me trip.

"Shige-nii! Look!"

"Huh? What?"

Mayu pointed at the ground, and something shiny was right in front of my feet. I knew she wanted me to pick it up, so I leaned forward and took a hold of it.

"What even is--"

I couldn't finish my sentence due to a sudden lightheadedness that overcame me. My vision became spotty, and eventually I felt myself fall to the ground.

Mayu fell with me, and we didn't know what happened.

At least... Not right away.