Chapter 2

It took after two hours before we reached our new home. It seemed that our home was up within some forests. I smiled at that. The trees were huge and beautiful, like a big green ocean. We drive past a sign that directed down a road which read, 'Blue Lake High'.
"Oh! Look, that's your new school down there, Jayden. You'll be starting there in two days!" exclaimed mom. My stomach sank a bit as my anxiety rose up a little again.
"Woo." I said unenthusiastically. I was not prepared to start a new school. I knew I'd be shunned out straight away for being different. I just have the gut feeling that I'll be an outcast with no friends again, just like back in Canada.
"Okay then guys, just coming up here is your new home." said Lucy, talking back to us. I leaned forward in the car to get a better look at the house coming up before us. My mouth opened slightly at the sight of it. It was huge! It was still a two story house but it covered much more land. Stone walls, big windows and even a balcony out the front. We had our own drive way with gates and a nice big bit of land with trees and a pond, a big pond!
"It's beautiful!" cried mom as he eyes sparkled at the sight of it. Lucy came to a gold outside the gates. She hopped out the car and opened the gates to the drive herself before hopping back in and then proceeding to drive up closer to the house. I could t take my eyes off the house as we got closer.
"Alright guys, this place has three bedrooms, two bathrooms, kitchen, dining room, conservatory, study and big living room. I'll help take your stuff inside." she said as she started to get out the car. I turned to my mom, who's eyes were still sparkling at the place. She looked a lot happier already. We got out the car ourselves are assisted Lucy with our luggage. Lucy went to the front door and unlocked it, opening the door before us so we could get the first steps inside. The place was already decorated and already had all the furniture. It was modern but also old fashioned at the same time. Made a nice little mix. "Right, here the keys for the place, front door and back door." she said, passing them to me. "Also here mine and Dr Gordon's number if you need anything. I'll let you guys get yourselves settled in and explore." she smiled as she then also passed me abbot of paper.
"Thank you so much! This place is beautiful, I'm so excited to be here!" exclaimed mom as she grabbed Lucy and held her tight. Lucy was a little stunned but didn't refrain.
"Uh...you're welcome!?" she spoke, unsure. She wriggled her way out of moms grip and the straightened out her clothes. She turned to me, nodded and then turned to leave. Mom had her hands together just under her chin, smiling away, eyeballing the entire ground floor.
"Oh Jayden, isn't it wonderful!? Come on, come explore this place with me!" She grabbed my hand and tugged me.
"Mom, don't you want to unpack?" I said, trying to pull back. She grabbed my hand with both of hers and pulled me harder.
"No! We can do that after, lets have a look at our new home!" she cried, ecstatic. I laughed and stopped fighting her and went along and explored our new home together.
Within a matter of hours, we had explored every room and the garden, chose our bedrooms and unpacked our luggage. Mom insisted that I got the bedroom with the balcony. I had no problem with this, intact I was relieved I had it. I believe she wanted me to have it because of how bad her health was, and having a balcony...it wasn't...safe. We also found that our cupboard and fridge had been stocked up with enough food to feed a family for five. Despite moms illness, she was still an excellent cook, so she started making us dinner. I sat up on the balcony inhaling the evening air. It was so fresh and therapeutic. I could see over acres and acres of forests from here, literally an ocean of green. I couldn't wait to go out and explore, touch and climb these new, Welsh trees. I think I could get use to this. As long as I have these forests to visit and explore, school shouldn't be too bad for me. I'll get my last year of school over and done with and then move on to the next big thing. Hope Wales is ready for an outcast like me.
"Jayden, I've made food!" called mom from down stairs. I walked back into my room, closing my balcony doors behind me before heading down stairs to the kitchen to help mom with setting the table. "We now have a big dining room to eat in, it's that lovely?" she smiled as I came into the kitchen. She has made cottage pie for us. My stomach growled as soon as my nose got a whiff of it. I helped her set the table and then we both took our seats and enjoyed our first meal in our new home together.
After we had eaten, I took the dishes out to be washed up. We had a really big double sink so I could fit all the dishes in at once. It was oddly satisfying. As soon as I started the water, a phone started ringing. "I'll get it!" cried mom, jumping out her seat like a little girl, frantically looking for the phone. She started running around, laughing, looking for it. "Did you see where the phone is dear? I can't seem to find it?!" she giggled. I squirted washing up liquid in the sink and then burst out laughing.
"Mom, it's by the front door!" I pointed, out of the kitchen. Mom laughed and skipped on over to the phone and answered. I shook my head and then carried on doing the dishes.
"Sweetie, it's just Doctor Gordon. I'm going to head into the study so start with my...um...what's the word again?" she started and then asked down the phone. "Analysis!" she finished.
"Yeah mom, that's fine. Don't forget to take your pills!" I reminded her as she waddled off to the study.
"I will!" she said, merrily.
A few more hours went by and the time got to ten o'clock. I spent the night in the living room, reading my book on Animal Nature with a random programme on the to in the background for background noise. Mom had finished her analysis with Doctor Gordon and planned her first session with him for tomorrow morning. She went to bed without saying goodnight as she sometimes forgets, but I was use to that now. I glanced at the big grandfathers clock in the corner of the room one more time before turning the tv off and deciding to hit the sack. I made sure all the doors were locked, as I know mom often forgets that too, and then headed up towards my room. I closed my bedroom door behind me and threw my clothes off so I was just in my boxers. Before heading to bed, I went to the balcony doors and peered out of them, taking one last glance of the forest. The moon lit up the trees, making a beautiful sight before me. Just as I was about to turn away, something caught my eye. Way over in the distance, between the trees, I spotted a light. A white light which appeared to be sparkling slightly. What could that possibly be? It was so unusual but also very pretty. I was trying to think of what I could be. Torches? A fire? Moonlight glow on a lake? Whatever it was, it didn't seem to match those descriptions. I rubbed my eyes and then looked straight back at the spot where it came from again but it was gone. How strange. Maybe I was just seeing things? Maybe I was just mesmerised about how beautiful this place was. I shook my head and smirked to myself before locking my balcony doors and then heading over to my bed. I threw the sheets back and then hopped in. Man, this bed was super comfortable. I could definitely get use to living here. Maybe we can finally be happy again.