Connor looked embarrassed, speaking to Evan. Evan said something back, happy. They hugged and walked away from the school, hand in hand. Half way on the walk home, Evan leaned up and kissed Connor's cheek.

Someone saw it all. Someone was happy and sad at once.

Evan looked happier than usual as he went into his house.

Someone knew how long Evan had liked Connor. So someone was happy for Evan. But that someone was also heartbroken.

It started with Evan talking with Connor, forgetting that someone was just awkwardly standing beside them.

Then Connor would take someone's seat next to Evan during lunch and every class they had together. Every class Evan had with that someone, he also had with Connor. Evan also had some other classes with Connor.

Then Connor took someone's seat next to Evan on the bus.

Then Evan gradually stopped hanging out with someone so he could go on dates with Connor instead.

Then Evan pretty much completely forgot about that someone. They felt neglected. Forgotten. Like they could just disappear and no one would even notice that they were gone. They had no friends after all. Their only friend left them. He found a place where the grass was greener, so he jumped the fence to the other side, he crushed them and left them behind.

Evan was happy now. So why would he need Jared anymore?

One night Jared didn't come home. Not that anyone noticed anyways. His uncle that he lived with was probably having another drunken one night stand with some college chick. His parents were gone. Evan didn't even acknowledge his existence.

Jared Kleinman had run away.