•••••••••

Jared was sure. Now that they've seen him recently it would be harder to stay away from home. He didn't even know where home was anymore. He didn't care. He was going to New York!

After Jared had paid and waited and all that metro stuff, he saw the doors slide open. When he walked in, he saw so many people. A pressure filled his chest. He was anxious that someone might recognize him.

His anxious fear came true when he heard a familiar voice

"Jared??? Is that you!"

Jared flinched and looked at the source of the voice. His eyes locked with the speaker and Jared smiled lightly.

"Hi Sam. Why are you here?"

The young boy's eyes lit up as he excitedly explained his reason for being on the metro.

"I'm going to visit my uncles and their cool friends in New York! My daddy doesn't like his friends though, he says 'they have a stupid political opinion' so my mommy is taking me!"

I was taking in all this information.

"What's your uncles' names?"

He giggled. It melted my heart.

"I'm named after my uncle Samuel but I call him uncle Sammy.  My Sammy married my uncle Charles but I call him Charlie. They got married this many (four) months ago. They're so gay! But I like gay people! They're so nice to me!"

I was surprised but it seemed cute and I already shipped it.

"Hey Sam, can I tell you a secret?"

He made an adorable sound
"What?"

I leaned in close to his ear.

"I'm gay"

His eyes widened and sparkled as his mouth formed an amazed '0'

"REALLY?!?! No wonder you're so nice!"

I laughed at the statement. This kid.... THE ADORABLENESS IS JUST TOO MUCH!

"Hey jare-jare?"

I looked at him.

"How long is the ride to New York?"

I remembered.

"It will be a couple hours, but we can talk to pass the time. How is school?"