••••••

Jared felt the man shove pills down his throat. Jared swallowed in fear of what the man would do to him if he didn't. Jared felt himself losing consciousness. Black entering his sight until that was all he could see.

It was dark. Jared opened his eyes. He felt cold. Everything was dark except for a slit of light that shone through. Jared was naked. He felt sore. He remembered the events that happened before he was drugged. Tears fell down his cold face.

Even though it was terrifying how he had no idea of what happened to him while he was unconscious, he was glad that he didn't have to see all of that and feel all of that. He could infer that he had been raped.

Jared decided to get up. He needed clothes. When he tried to move, he felt pain shoot from his anal region.

He was able to crawl over to his clothes. His shirt was torn and his shoes were nowhere in sight, but he had his jacket thing and his shorts and underwear.

He put them on and realized that he would need shoes and a shirt.

Evan had been searching for three weeks now. Still no sign of Jared. The cops said that there was no way to track his phone, for it had been restarted. He was slowly losing hope, but he would never give up on Jared.

Evan could not live with himself, knowing that Jared could be in danger, or all alone, or even dead all because of him. Evan just wished that he could've paid more attention to him and been a better friend to him.

But it was far too late for that. Now all Evan could do for Jared was search for him.

It was three weeks after Jared had gotten raped and robbed, but Jared couldn't tell. Without his phone, it was much more difficult to tell the time, and Jared was severely damaged mentally from that day, so he cared less about time. He had managed to buy a new bag and some other stuff including shoes and a shirt. He had to work hard though, for he had his money stolen from him. Jared wondered if anyone really cared about him. Why should Evan care? It's not like anything is different from when he was there. His parents are gone. No one at the school ever gave him any fucks. His uncle was barely ever home. He was surprised that the Amber alert happened.

Jared was growing more and more distant by the day. He barely ate at all. He just wandered around, getting further and further from home. He was pretty miserable. It's not like he could see much anyway.

He was sitting in a bench

"Hi! I'm Sam!"
An excited little boy ran up to Jared.

"Oh, hi."
Jared said with a raspy voice, for he hadn't had water in a while.

"Why are you alone? Do you have a mommy?"
Sam curiously asked.

"No..."

"Oh! Do you have friends? You have to have friends right?"
Sam questioned.

"Um, I don't have any friends anymore. Sorry"
Jared said sadly, remembering back to Evan.

"What happened to your mommy and your friends?"
Sam wondered out loud.

"My mommy is gone and my friend left me for someone better."
Jared looked at his hands.

"Well I wanna be your friend! I think that anyone who would leave you is a poopyhead. What's your name?"
Sam said sassily.

"Thank you"
Jared chuckled a little
"I'm Jared"

Sam gave him a fist bump and ran off to him mom, waving goodbye.

For once, Jared felt a little better.