Chapter 10: It's All Greek To Her

When I woke up again, I was lying in a bed. I closed my eyes and rolled over, hoping to feel Zorro's sharp claws digging into my skin. When I didn't hear my Persian kitty's soft meow or feel his fur rub against my hand, trying to get me to pet him, I opened my eyes and tried to figure out where I was.

The room was a light green with a flower shaped carpet in the middle. The closet door was painted hot pink and matched the butterfly chair standing next to the huge beanbag. Racks of clothing were peeking out through the pink door and i couldn't help but run my wyes over them appreciatively of her taste in clothes. A flatscreen TV was mounted over the door that lead out of the room.

"You're awake."

I jumped, and turned to see Carina sitting at a desk in the corner next to the bed. She was writing something down and her curly red hair fell over her shoulders.

"Holy gods! Are you trying to make me unconscious for the third time today?!" I asked bewildered.

Carina looked up and smirked. "You passed out the first time eight days ago and the second time was four days ago. You've been asleep for four days. Eros was getting worried about you."

I nodded, not really caring about this Greek Cupid or my weird passing out habits, and turned to look out the window. The outside looked exactly like my house.

"Hey Carina?" I turned away from the window

"Hmm?" She was frowning down at a piece of paper.

"Where are we?"

She looked up. "We're in a branch off of Olympus. It's exactly the same as your branch just in another dimension. Only offspring of gods, and gods themselves of course, can access both dimensions."

My eyebrows shot up. "How do you know all of this when I don't?"

She shrugged. "Zeus was the one that decided that you should come here so I was informed of all the different stuff. You had lost your memory so anything to do with Collin just wouldn't have made sense to you. Jupiter was trying to make your remember and he finally got through to you allowing you to be able to come here to help me with Justin." She took a deep breath as if asking for help was too painful. "Oh and everything that you do affects me in some way and everything that I do affects you in some way."

I must have looked bewildered because she tried to explain herself. "For example, say you become friends with someone. All of a sudden their Greek counterpart is following me around like a lost puppy and I have never seen them before then. Or say I went out with a guy. Their Roman counterpart will start following you around professing their love for you."

So that's what was up with the stalker dudes. But wait.. "You date?" I asked, appalled that my twin would steep so low.

She nodded, looking at me weirdly. "Yeah of course. That's what people do nowadays. But of course I haven't recently cause of well you know.." She trailed off and I nodded understandably.

"Your Greek Collin."

"Yeah. His name is Justin."

"Cool." I stood up and stretched out. "So what's the plan to get him back to you?"

She looked at me and grimaced. "Uh that's the thing. I haven't got one."

---------------

"So whadya say we just screw it and do something else?" I asked, looking out the car's front window. My feet were up on the dashboard and I was lounging back in the passenger seat, my hands twirling a rubric cube. I was THAT bored. Carina, on the other hand, was as tense as a predator about to pounce. Her hands wouldn't stop moving. One moment they were pulling back her hair, before taking it out, drumming the gearshift nervously, before moving to her lap. The next moment they'd be playing with the binoculars that she'd said we'd needed although it seemed like we were going to stay as close as possible to this Greek Collin (I couldn't bring myself to call him Justin) and his friends as possible.