The Nightmares

"NO! DANIEL! DON'T DO IT. JUST LET HIM GO."

"He needs to know what he did to us is not ok. We need to teach him a lesson."

It was scary watching him hold a gun, while talking to me calmly.

"Please lets stay reasonable here." A quite deep voice speaks.

"SHUT UP!" Daniel yells at him while kicking his chest. "YOU DON'T DESERVE TO TALK TO US! YOU DON'T EVEN DESERVE TO BE ALIVE! YOU PIG!"

"Daniel. Please. Don't hurt him. He's still our father." I say while I pull on his sleeves.

Cough cough "Please don't ...don't do this son. I'm sorry, I...I should never ha..have done those things to you. I promise I...I will never do it again. Please just...just let me change.", Father pleads.

"It's already too late." Daniel says while pulling his arm away from me.

I looked away because I knew what was going to happen. Bang! I look up toward father. I immediately notice the blood seeking out of the hole in his shirt. Daniel is standing next to father, still holding the gun. He looks scared and worried.

"Daniel, what have you done?"

"I killed him. I didn't mean to. I was just trying to scare him. OH GOD. I killed him."

"We have to leave. We can't be seen here."

"Damn, He really killed him. Nice." A quirky happy voice said behind us.

"It's all your fault. Vanessa. If only you hadn't told him to kill father." I said pointedly accusing her.

"Oh please we all know that one way or another, he was going to die no matter what."

"Daniel shouldn't be the one to do it! He's only 13!"

"SHUT UP! BOTH OF YOU!" Daniel screams pointing the gun at us.

"Whoa, Daniel put down the gun before you shot one of us." Vanessa says while slowing putting her hands up in defence.

"Daniel come on it's not safe here. We need to get out of here. Far away from here." I said slowly walk toward him.

"Sis, what am I going to do? I don't want to go to jail. I'm scared,sis." He puts throws the gun down and hugs me.

"Hush now. It's ok I'm here. I promise they will never hurt you. Not with me still alive." I say patting his back to calm him down.

"You can continue your family love later but right now we need to get as far away from here as possible" Vanessa says while bending to pick up the gun that was thrown down.

"Sis."

"Yes?"

"Promise me you won't ever leave me."

"Promise."

"Fuck. They're coming. It's now or never guys." Vanessa says while turning on the car

"Come on let's go Daniel."