Together At Last

It was by some telepathic agreement, or perhaps aliens decided our fates, or maybe we just gravitated to each other. Either way, Carl and I established ourselves as some sort of... item, I guess. After sharing a bed last night followed by that whole hand-holding incident at breakfast, it wasn't too hard to take that leap from friendship to boyfriend/girlfriend. Of course, the adults caught on quickly. Something tells me they always sensed something between us (like I said, adults have a sixth sense for things like that).

Not that much changed between us either. We still shared comics and video games and watched Netflix together like we always had. Now there was just more of a feeling of care, security, and yes, love. He told me he loved me (of course I told him the same.) I can't describe if I tried how I felt after that. So I won't even try. I'll just let you know that when he kissed me for the first time, it was like a supernova in my heart, and during the worst period of my life, of anyone's in fact, after dealing with the loss of everyone you've ever known and loved, I felt like the happiest human being alive.

Warning: Very mature content ahead. Viewer discretion is advised.

- Rita