Chapter II

Aidee POV

I sighed as I woke up the next morning. I woke up early this time, like all the others, so I decided to go to school. I dressed up in my uniform; black shoes, white socks, a grey plaid skirt, white undershirt, navy blue vest and a mustard yellow tie; I grabbed my bag pack with my phone and headed out, in the middle of the heard of people walking on the street. I let out a long sigh as I entered the school, heading straight to the American Exchange Student class. The class was in English, and they taught us, four students, how to speak Korean. Once it was lunch time, I bumped into my friend, Ji-soo, and we both headed to the lunch area. Ji-soo is really hyperactive, and my only friend since I came here. "Hey, Dee, if you were in a band like BTS, what would your stage name be?" Ji-soo asked with a goofy smile. I thought for a moment.

"Well, since you call me Dee, probably it would be Dee-Dee or Co-Co, because Cordelia." She laughed at my response. "Mine would be Soo-Soo. What'd you think?" She asked. I giggled, "It's cute." She gave me a smirk, since I responded in Korean. "You're cute, though. Have you seen your year book photo?" She asked. I didn't know how to respond to that in Korean, so I switched to my mother language. "I don't think I'm cute. At least, I've never tried to be." This response seamed to trigger her some, and before she could say anything, the bell rang, so we bid our farewells. I had two more classes left, but these were with my normal class, not in the Exchange Student class. I had physical education and art class.

I went towards the lockers and changed into a pair of yellow shorts and a white T-shirt, along with a pair of sneakers. I wasn't very fast, but I was agile and flexible, although,no one in my class knew. "Today we'll be practicing gymnastics, so please, show me what you've all got!" I managed to understand from the teacher. I was in the back of the line, and all I saw were students doing floor rolls or half stars. One student tried to use the hoops but ended up falling. Then it was my turn. The teacher sighed and rubbed his temple. "American, let's see what you have." I took a deep breath and started with a stand off, along with a back flip, ending with the splits. I stood up and used the hoops, elevating myself up in the air. I finished all my stunts to see everyone staring at me. I blushed a bright pink and headed over to sit on the bleachers.

"That was amazing, Dee!" Exclaimed Ji-soo, who, along with the rest of the baseball team, was watching me. Luckily, class ended quickly for the rest of the day, and I headed back to the orphanage. I didn't feel like going to the Han River today, so I went straight to St. Vincent's. I entered and I laid all my belongings in my bed, when one of the boys yelled that a few cars had parked in front of the orphanage. I instantly lit up, along with the rest of them. We all rapidly ran to the showers with our best clothes and rapidly washed ourselves. I saw that one of the small American girls, Bonnie, was pushed inside the bathroom, but she had no idea why. I approached her and explained everything, and then I helped her shower. I wrapped a towel around her, since she didn't bring her things, and I dressed myself in a creme dress with black lace and bow around my waist.

I took her hand as she guided me to her room and I rapidly opened her closet and grabbed the cutest thing she had. I dressed her in a grey shirt and skirt, which the skirt had a cat face on it. She decided to wear white socks and black Mary Jane's, and I styled her hair into a braid, while I let mine down. Then we both headed downstairs to the playing room. It was a huge room with chairs for everyone and toys for the small children. Bonnie decided to sit aside me on a table until the people came inside. Soon enough, the door opened.

Jin POV

We had called the orphanage yesterday to see when visits for adoption were allowed, and it turned out that it was today, so here we all are now, infront of the adoption center. All the other soon-to-be parents looked at us suspiciously as we all got out of the van. We all entered the orphanage with all the other grown ups, and the caretaker led us to the play room. She opened the door first to let us all enter the room to socialize with the children. Ofcourse, we already knew who we were getting. Once there was a clear view inside, we managed to see about 10-15 girls and around 9 boys. All of the grown ups scattered around the room to talk to children while the seven of us looked around for Aidee. The room was big, so we all scattered around a bit to look, when Jimin said he spotted her. "How? You're so short~" said Jungkook, gaining a glare from Jimin while Suga laughed.

"Huddle up," V said, and we all huddled. "I have an idea, to surprise her," V said. "What do you have in mind?" Asked J-Hope. V whispered his plan over to us and we all agreed. "Now, split up," said Rap Monster. We all split to different places around the room, and we started our little surprise.

Aidee POV

Bonnie had gone to talk with a couple that seamed interested in adopting her, so I sat alone now at the table. I sighed as all the couples and people talked with different kids, but none of them approached me. The caretaker had said that it may be my age, since I'm one of the oldest in here, and couples usually want younger children. I let out another sigh as I look down on my phone, that's when I heard someone sing. "I swear by the moon and the stars in the sky." I looked up, confused. Where could that have come from? I shrugged. Maybe it was the American boys singing or something. "And I swear like the shadow that's by your side." There it was again, the same song, but it came from a different direction, and a different set of voices. I tried to concentrate on something else, but the sing kept on. "I see the questions in your eyes. I know what's weighing on your mind. You can be sure I know my part." I heard it, the continuation of the song, this time sung by one voice. This voice, at least to me m, was very familiar, almost like a certain Maknae I knew. But, it couldn't be, right?

"'Cause I stand beside you through the years. You'll only cry those happy tears. And though I make mistakes. I'll never break your heart!" Everyone in the room was now searching for the source of the singing, these few lines from a different person. Then, the adults formed a line and seven boys were in my view. They were looking at me as they sang. "And I swear by the moon and the stars in the sky, I'll be there. I swear like the shadow that's by your side, I'll be there." I blushed deeply as they made their way towards me. Everyone looked from them, to me, and the sudden attention made me nervous,since I'm shy of nature. "For better or worse, till death do us part, I'll love you with every beat of my heart. And I swear" J-Hope was the one to sing these lines, with a smile. I sat there still, glued to my seat as they continued.

V sang the next part. "I'll give you every thing I can. I'll build your dreams with these two hands. We'll hang some memories on the walls," "And when just the two of us are there. You won't have to ask if I still care, 'cause as the time turns the page, my love won't age at all," Suga and Jimin sang together. I was really happy to see them all again, but, why here of all places? And why singing? My thoughts were interrupted by the chorus being sang. "And I swear" "I swear," Suga underlined. "By the moon and the stars in the sky, I'll be there," "I'll be there," Jin underlined. "I swear," "And I swear," Jimin sang. "Like the shadow that's by your side, I'll be there," "I'll be there," Rap Monster emphasized. Then, Jin and Rap Monster finished the song, "For better or worse till death do us part. I'll love you with every beat of my heart. And I swear."

V handed me a blue rose as they all huddles infront of me. "Aidee, would you like us to adopt you?" They asked in Korean with big smiles. I was overwhelmed. Somebody wanted to adopt me! And not just a somebody, BTS wanted to! This brought tears to my eyes, which Jin wiped away. "It's okay if you don't want to, dongsaeng," said he. I shook my head. "Ofc-" "You can't adopt her," Sun said, coming from the herd of people, Soomi trailing behind her. I sighed. She hated my guts since the day I came here. I know they'll end up hating me after what she says, so I gave up on it. "She's a terrible person. She does drugs and alcohol," Sun said. "Not to mention she smokes," added Soomi. The boys looked wide eyed at me, then at the girls. "She's an art stealer and not to mention quite the wh-" Sun was about to continue when Bonnie ran towards them, blurting, "Not true! Aidee Eonni is the nicest person in the whole world! She takes care of me from time to time and cares for everyone!" She then hugged me, which I obviously hugged back. Not many people were looking, which helped calm me down.

"We don't believe you," said Rap Monster to Sun and Soomi. "Aidee's the kindest girl we've ever met," commented J-Hope. "She's nothing like you two, that's for sure," said Suga. "She's not a liar. Unlike you two," hissed Jimin. Jin, Jungkook and V glared at the girls as they left. I kissed the top of Bonnie's head. "Thank you," I whispered to her. She smiled up at me and kissed my cheek, right before running off to a couple that was calling her. "Well, Aidee?" Jin asked. I smiled up and hugged the closest people, which happened to be Jungkook and Suga. "Yes!" They all cheered and told the caretaker while I went up to pack my things. I had my suitcase, the one that I used for coming on this 'permanent vacation' here in S. Korea. I sighed as I packed my clothes, then my art supplies in a handbag. As I made my way out of the dorms, I saw Bonnie trying to close her suitcase. As a last Thank You, I closed it for her and got it down the stairs. We bid our farewells as she left with a happy couple.