Chapter XVIII

"And the award goes to...." They announced together as they smiled looking at the card. The ARMY was quiet. The MENDEZ ARMY was quiet. Selenators were quiet. "BTS!!!" they both exclaimed, and the whole arena bursted in cheers. Aidee screamed at the top of her lungs as if she was part of the army.

No, she was indeed part of the army.

She jumped and hugged the closest person near her, who happened to be Hoseok. The camera zoomed in on them all as they hugged. They did it. They had made it. Aidee hugged Seokjin last, and he picked her up and carried her bridal style onto the stage. It was definitely an overwhelming feeling, not to mention the effort of holding back tears while Namjoon did his speech.

Then came her turn.

Aidee glanced at Jungkook, who gave her a thumbs up. She took a deep breath, holding the microphone tightly in her hands. "Buenas noches, American Music Awards," she said, and the crowd wouldn't stop cheering. She truly never mentioned she spoke spanish. None of them ever did. Aidee smiled and leaned in, doing a shushing sound. Immediately, the crowd went silent. Behold the power of the fandom. "Siempre había deseado estar donde ustedes están ahora. En ese gran océano de ARMY Bombs, viendo a los que nos dieron apoyo, quienes nos dijeron 'todo va a estar bien', y apoyándolos de vuelta. Nunca en mi vida creí que iba a estar aquí arriba, y les quiero compartir algo íntimo, para conocerme un poco más. ¿Okey?" The crowd once again cheered for her, and went silent a moment after.

Aidee took in another breath, her eyes getting watery as she spoke. "Esta es la primera vez en que hago un show con mis hermanos. Sin embargo, la razón por la cual lloré al final, no era por eso, o por nervios. Yo... Al finalizar la canción, miré hacia ustedes, y en el medio de la multitud, los vi... Vi a mis padres..." Her tears started to fall, but Namjoon quickly wiped them away for her with a smile. "Se veían tan orgullosos. Se que nos están mirando desde el cielo... ARMY, cuídense, ¿okay? Nosotros los cuidamos a ustedes, tal como mis padres. Remember, Love Myself, Love Yourself. 사랑해!"

The boys all hugged her, even though they didn't really know what she had said. Jimin took hold of her hand, and Hoseok the other, and gently led her down the stage. She stopped crying soon after and enjoyed the rest kf the evening. Yoongi, Namjoon and Seokjin smiled. The knew that whatever she had said, it was good for her, as a kind of closure.

They decided to skip the after party, with all the events Aidee had gone through they decided that it'd be best to stay away from large crowds for a while. After those last days in L.A., they were all now tearing up at the sight before them; Jungkook and Aidee were hand in hand, walking towards their airport tunnel, backs to their hyungs.

"Will they be okay?" Asked Taehyung, feeling it a bit wrong to see their two maknaes walking away from them. "I think soo," said Jimin. "That's not very reassuring..." Hoseok commented. Yoongi put his hands in his pockets. "It's gonna be fine. They're capable of themselves." Then Namjoon led them to their flight's tunnel to go back home.

*** TRANS ***

Good night, American Music Awards.

I've always dreamt of being where you guys are now. In that great ocean of army bombs, watching the ones who gave us support, the ones who told us 'everything will be alright', and supporting them back. Never in my life had I thought that I would be up here, and I would like to share something intimate, so you can get to know me better. Okay?

This is the first time I make a performance with my brothers. However, the reason as to why I cried during the end wasn't because of that or because of nervousness. I... at the end of our performance, I looked at you all, and in the middle of the crowd, I saw them... I saw my parents...

They looked so proud. I know that they're looking down at us from heaven... ARMY, take care, okay? We'll take care of you, just like my parents. Remember, Love Myself, Love Yourself. SARANGHE!

I KNOW THIS IS SUPER SHORT BUT I JUST WANTED TO POST, OKAY?

There has been so much drama in my country ever since the earthquakes started fml

And university isn't helping either.

Anyways, vote, comment and share! Love u peeps!