Pancakes - C. 29

(A/N
Okay, so, we're almost at 700 reads? Thank you so much!! This means a crazy amount to me that people are reading this, even if they're close friends of mine or they're just browsing to find stuff to read. Thank you!!)

Date: 21/7/1957 (Tuesday, 12:09am)

It rained heavily outside my home, The gang members we had left all laid on the floor. Yuuki and Alice put their blankets next to each other, and Zee put hers next to Alice's. Buddy and Danny slept next to each other and I slept on the couch. We decided to all stay close tonight, just in case Jean or James attacks us individually. Most of them were asleep, I just stared out the window into the dark street illuminated by a light shade of orange from the street lamp further down. The street flooded up with water, and the light made the grass seem shiny. Suddenly I felt the couch sink a little, I looked over at saw Alice. She waved.

"You alright?" She asked me. I shrugged and looked out the window again. She hugged her legs to her chest and looked at her toes. "I'm sorry for not telling you." She whispered. I looked over to her and scowled, I wasn't going to lie to her and say I wasnt upset, because I was. I hated how she kept so much from me, and it's cost us so much time. "I had no idea my Vince was with Zee, I had never se-"

"It's fine." I cut her off and continued to look out the window. She closed her mouth and looked out with me.

"What're we going to do about the house?" She asked. I shrugged again and looked down at the floor.

"Nick said he had a lot of money in the bank, so I'll use that to keep the house."

"We need to be adults." She said, resting her cheek on her knee. I didn't reply.

"What'll you do?" I asked her after what seemed like hours of silence, she smiled sadly.

"Live with Yuuki, Mom doesn't want me back so I won't go back." It was too dark to make out her usual green eyes, but I saw her tears catch the little light coming from outside.

"It's tough."

"What is?"

"Going through this all. I've never been through it, but I thought you might of."

"I was sixteen when I left my gang. But you're right, I've been in similar situations. People dying, gang wars, sleeping in unfamiliar places, disappointing my folks."

"Why did you change so much?"

"I had to. Mom forced me too."

"No, I mean.. recently. Only last month you were the most popular girl in school. This pretty, preppy and proper girl that everyone knew. For a moment I thought you'd go full Grease but you reverted into-"

"Vince caught me looking like a Greaser, and threatened me. I had to go back into being a Soc."

"So what'll you do now?"

"Bring out my old jacket, of course." She smiled at me and hugged me tightly, then she walked back to her blanket on the floor. She covered her body with it and went back to sleep. I laid back down onto the couch and sighed, falling back asleep myself.

(8:00am)

I heard the sounds of plates being placed onto the table, but pure silence other than forks being scraped along plates. I sat up and looked around, Alice was still asleep but everyone else wasn't. I stood up and walked into the kitchen, scratching the back of my neck.

"Mornin' guys." I said, still sounding groggy from the bad night sleep I got. Buddy looked up at me and smiled, he waved and patted the seat next to him. Looking around the table, I spotted Vince sitting quietly and eating some of the breakfast made for him.