Shadamy Chapter 23

~Shadow's POV~

     I look over at Amy and see that her eyes are filled with fright. But that's not the only thing I notice. Her eyes. I watch as her beautiful emerald green eyes drain from color. They turn completely grey but then immediately turn into a new color. They turn blood red.

"A-Amy?" I say as I touch her shoulder lightly

     She immediately slaps it away and gives me a death glare with her newly colored eyes.

"Don't. Touch. Me." She says angrily

    I take a step back and see her eyes flash to her regular emerald green eyes. They are filled with worry. Her eyes then return to her red eyes but she falls down to her knees.

     I take slow steps as I approach her being cautious. I see her eyes change from her blood red ones to her beautiful emerald green eyes.

"S-Shadow?" She says weakly

I run up to her and go down on my knees and hold her in a hug.

"I'm right here." I say while rubbing circles onto her back.

     I look down at her and see tears in her eyes. I lift her chin a bit so that she's looking at me. I give her a soft kiss on her forehead and give her a soft smile. By now her cheeks were a light pink and tears were falling down her now rosy cheeks.

     We stay like that for a while. Hugging each other and enjoying each other's company. I have my chin on her head and she has her face a bit tucked in my chest. Her tears have stopped and she has calmed down.

"Are you okay now" I say in a worried tone

"I-I think" She says weakly and her voice dry. A second after she yawns.

     I pick her up bridal style and tell her go to sleep. At first she denies saying that she's not tired but is immediately interrupted by a yawn that escapes her beautiful peachy lips.

     I chuckle a bit as she continues to find reasons as to why I shouldn't carry her. She ends up giving up and falling asleep once she couldn't find more reasons to say.

     I walked out the door that lead to the forest and started to walk around until I found water.

     I place Amy down and make a small contraption to be able to boil the water to make it saver. I had one problem though. How do I boil the water I don't have anything metallic to boil it with. I sigh in defeat as I have nothing to boil the water with.

     I end up just drinking the water from the small river. I walk back over to Amy. I sit down and grab Amy placing her on my lap. Her head on shoulder as she sleeps. I hug her tightly.

"I will always be by your side to protect you" I whisper into her ear.

     I give her a peck on her cheek and let her rest since this day was really eventful.

{513 words}
-3-