Chapter 1: I Will Never Forgive Her

Kanani's POV

I was in the kitchen with Naomi. I woke up around 7, stayed up 3 hours reading Wattpad, and then went back to sleep, and woke up at 12.

I totally forgot that Naomi had a college thing to take care of that I was going to go with her to. "Hey Naomi?"   "Yeah?"   "Did you go do that college thing you wanted to do?"  "Oh That? Yeah no I over slept but I got a new date to do it" Oh thank god so it's her fault too.

We were in the kitchen making breakfast for Naomi, our grandpa, and I. Me being the adorable 12 year old I am, decided to stir the rice and eggs and broccoli. "RING" "RING" "RING". "Hey Kanani, can you get me my phone on the table please?"  "Sure". I gave her her phone and she picked it up. I realized that after she would hang up that phone. Shiz would go down.

"WHAT?"-Said Naomi. "HOW THE HELL COULD YOU DO THAT TO ME?" Oh is it that bad? "I DON'T  EVEN KNOW WHAT TO SAY". Naomi hung up the phone and I knew I would be hearing drama at what 12 in the after noon? Really? This early already? Jeez.......Well here we go........"What happened?"   "Only our MOTHER".  I wonder what mom did? "What did she do?"   "She told my future boss, that's even if he wants to be my boss anymore that 'Get Naomi out of the house, she is useless and Lazy and never does Anything'" "Damn, why would she do that?" -I asked. "I DON'T KNOW" said Naomi. I literally had no idea myself. Naomi raised me at the age 11, fed me, took me out to have fun (still does) , tries to get a job, and is a full time college student. Naomi looked PISSED. Like she was about to burst into flames. She took our food, served herself, my grandpa, and I, and covered the extra food for her and I in tin foil. The extra food was for either later or tomorrow. To make sure that mom doesn't eat any of it, Naomi wrote in big bold letters "PARA (FOR) KANANI Y (AND) NAOMI"

you're probably thinking what does "Y" and "PARA" are from. It's Spanish. My sister, Mom, and I can speak English. My Mom,Sister, Grandpa, and Grandma, speak Spanish. I can speak it a little bit but I'm nervous to speak it infront of other people than my grandma and grandpa (that's the only way I can communicate with them so). Ps: we are all Cuban (Author: in real life we are so) Anyways, "Hey Naomi,

we need to buy our Grandma's lottery tickets for her before she gets out of work" - I said. "Right, Well we will go at uhh uhh 2 in the afternoon". It's was 1:30 now so I'll just get ready.  "Eat first" -Said Naomi. I ate my food and changed my clothes and when I was done, it was 2:03. "Let's go" said -Naomi.

Author's Pov

What Naomi and Kanani didn't know was that the trip they were about to take would change their entire life. I wonder if They would have known what would happened before it happened, would they changed it or kept it the same.