Chapter 8: Brain Storming

Kanani's Pov

I figured that Valerie and I would find out better things about each other if we hung out. I have anxiety that I'd get rejected if I'd ask her to hang out however. I looked over at Valerie and she was on her phone. I bet she's on instagram or something. "What are you doing?"

"I'm researching facts about your name". Oh I guess I misunderstood her, my mistake. "Hey". "Yeah?" "Give me your number so I could text you my address. We could hang out and get to Know each other. For the project of course." Don't reject me, don't reject me, don't reject me.....

"Sure" oh my god. "Here it's, 9082374592" this is the best day of my life. "Can we hang out today at my house?" "Sure" she's letting me stay at her house. I'm dead.

We get out of class and go out separate ways. After last period I meet Valerie at the front. I see her leaned up against the gate with one leg on it. Like the bad kid in the cliche movies. Mickey has his arm around her. Like protecting her or something.  Ugh

"Let's go" she says as she gets out of Mikey's hold. She walks in front of me to lead me where we're going. That's until Mikey stops me of course. "Don't you dare try to hit on Valerie or something cause if you do. You're dead". Wow anger issues much? And what does it matter if I hit on herk or not. She's straight.

Before I can continue my conversation with myself Mikey pushes me down to the ground and walks away. I get up and dust myself off. "Hey are you coming?" Valerie asks as she returns back to the gate. "Yeah".

We get to her house after the fifteen minute drive it took to get here. The whole car ride I still wondered what Mikey meant by "don't you dare hit try to hit on Valerie". I guess I could ask her later what that means.

We soon get to her room and I plop my ass down on her bed. She sits on the bed too as we do research on ours and such.

"Hey I found something" "yeah? What?" "Apparently 'Kanani' is a Hawaiian name and it means 'the beauty' and your name is a unisex name".

Valerie's Pov

I was searching through websites and websites when I found out that 'Kanani is a Hawaiian name that meant 'the beauty and that it's a unisex name. I'm not surprised that her parent gave her a name that meant "the beauty". She's so beautiful that they must have instantly known to name her something that means it. What am I saying?

Kanani's Pov

"Hey Valerie?" "Yeah" " Is Mikey the only person you've ever liked?" "No" "cool......Who else have you liked exactly? Just curious"  "Well I'm mean I had a crush on this girl named Zeray last year" "cool. Cool." We got back to researching when I found out things about the name "Valerie". "Valerie, I found out things about your name".

"Cool, what are they?" "Valerie is a French variant of Valeria. Valerie comes from the Latin word "Valere" which means basically to be "healthy, strong, and valorous. Valerie is also the girl version of the name Valerius. Which was the Roman surname dating back to Antiquity."

"Wow I guess we're all set for the project tomorrow, hey, don't you wanna sleep over?"  "Uhh I didn't bring clothes" "you can borrow mine. We look the same size." "Where would I sleep?" "In my bed of course" "where would you sleep?" "In my bed of course" she chuckled. She let me borrow her pj's and we snuggled on her bed together. We watched the movie "White Chicks" before bed and we laughed really hard. After the movie we went to sleep soundly waiting for tomorrow's surprises to come.