Chapter 7: The School Bells

Kanani's Pov

I've been procrastinating on going to school as long as possible. My school had called my mom saying that if I didn't come back to school, I'd be expelled. I can't get expelled. I need an education if I want to live in a better home in the future with my own money.

I woke up at 7:00 and got on my uniform and brushed my teeth. I went to school and I remembered why I hated it so much. How could I forget. There is the one kid in my class. Mikey. He hates my guts for some reason.

He would come over to my locker just to insult me. "You are so disgusting and a waste of space". I've never done anything to him so I don't understand why he was doing that to me. He would also slap me across the face and I'd fall to my knees. Or punch me in the stomach and or face. I've also gotten kicked.

Author's Pov

The reason why Madison said "OR I could say she got bullied at school" was because sometimes at school Kanani would get Beaten up by Mikey and Madison would have to take her to the hospital.

Kanani's Pov

As soon as I got to English I saw Mikey and his "Squad" his squad consisted on him, Jeremy, Jonathan, Christopher, Rosie, and Valerie.

The thing about Valerie was that she was some what innocent. She was always nice to me when she wasn't with her "squad". By "nice" I mean insult me less than the rest of them. But as soon as her squad comes up on our conversation. She is a completely different person. She's actually dating Mikey at the moment.

Every time Mikey would beat me up, it was when Valerie wasn't in sight. She would have to pick on me when I'm around and her squad shows up. But she would never hurt me. She's to kind for that kind of pain.

"Ok class we have assigned seats so go up to the board and find your seat." I went up to the board in search to find my name. After I found it I sat on my assigned seat that was in the middle of the class. There was a desk next to me so I was curious who would have to sit next to me.

2 minutes later Valerie sat next to me. "Hi nerd". I wasn't insulted by the term "nerd" being called at me considering that "nerds" are people who are considered "smart". "Hey. And Just because we are gonna sit next to each other. Doesn't mean we're best friends". Valerie looked down at her desk which was to the right of me and smirked.

"I didn't say I wanted to be your friend or not." She had a good point. How could I think someone wanted to be my friend? "Get to know your partners sitting beside you. From now and on, that is your partner for every group assignment." I sighed. I could already see myself getting Zeros. My usual grades since 4th grade have been 90's or higher. The class started booming with conversations either about how they wanted to change their partners or how they were happy with their partners.

"Class! May I have your attention?!"
"Yes Mrs.Kim". "Thanks. Well for the first group assignment you have to write a poem or facts about your partner. For the rest of the class, you will be chatting with your partner getting to know him or her and in our next class. You will be presenting your poems or the facts you know". I groaned. This is gonna be hard considering she probably Hates me too.

We started chatting and we learned that we're actually very alike. We both like video games, reading Wattpad stories, Eating JUNK FOOD!, watching YouTube, and more. I guess this project won't be so bad after all.

Hi Guys! Hope you liked this chapter. I hope you liked Valerie as well. I can't believe I've never mentioned this but Kanani has light brown hair with Amber eyes and Valerie has Black hair with Blue-ish green eyes. Just for a more visual picture. Bye! My little Wolves 🐺