8 - Tension

'I miss Chessa so much. They hardly even look at each other anymore 😭' - amaratruelove

"Did Chance come home yesterday?"

"Yeah. Round about midnight." Anthony answered in reply to Jake.

"So he didn't go to see a girl?"

"Nah man. He wouldn't." Ivan stated as he leaned back in his chair, chin resting on his hand, elbow on the armrest.

"Why do you say that though?" Emilio asked, looking directly at his twin.

"Tessa, bro." He simply answered as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. He crossed his arms and looked around the room.

"He's not wrong." Anthony shrugged, a smirk on his face showing his dimple.

"So what do we do?" Erika said, running a hand through her messy - but brushed - hair, and then yawned.

It was very early (way too early) in the morning and everyone was awake. Jake had quietly woken them all up other than Chance and Tessa.

The tension between the two had slowly become unbearable, and it was evident.

The viewers had seen it, the group had seen it, to put it bluntly, everyone had seen it.

And they really wished they hadn't.

"Nothing. You guys do nothing at all, understand?" Nick suddenly cut in, pointing a finger accusingly at the group. He hadn't even been taking part in the meeting, he'd been working, but overhead and decided to speak up.

"We have to do something. We can't have two of our friends not even be able to look at each other!" Jake exclaimed as he shot up out of his seat, obviously becoming frustrated.

"You tried to help last time. Let me remind you, it didn't work. You have to let them work it out themselves. This won't just bloody go away in a second! Give it time, they'll be alright eventually." Nick replied, sighing as he watched Jake leave the room.

"You know, Nick is right," Erika breathed out, eyes on the now slightly ajar door, before glancing at her phone, "Guys, go back to bed, it's 5am. The meeting is over. We're sorry to have woken you up." she continued, smoothly switching the subject.

She and Nick watched the group disperse, listening to her orders.

"You too. I know that you've been up all night. You are allowed breaks, you know?" Erika smiled, looking back towards Nick sitting at his desk, hand gripping so tight on the mouse, almost as if it was giving him life.

"Okay, mum!" he laughed, getting out of the black office chair after he'd turned the computer to sleep mode, not shutting it down so that he wouldn't lose all progress.

"You betcha!" she chuckled in return, pushing him out of the room, closing the door, and then walking towards her own.

***

Tessa awoke, startled. There had been a loud noise that came from somewhere near/in her room, and she didn't like it.

Not one bit.

She sat up in the bed, covers pulled up to her chin since she was still cold and not completely awake.

Her brown eyes scanned the room, and everything seemed fine, but she wasn't completely certain.

Tessa sat there comfortably for a minute before slowly getting up, bare feet immediately going into slippers, and grabbed her robe, throwing it on over her shirt and pyjama trousers.