chapter 2- ☆THE SECOND TIMES A CHARM☆

This chapter is dedicated to my
Family.

Please do enjoy.

============================

Monday morning

Andrew's P.O.V

I arrived to school early ,Happy with myself. I proceeded to my classroom to get ready for my morning lesson. I was walking through the corridor to my class when suddenly I heard someone behind me.

"Hi".

I was startled by the unfamiliar voice I looked behind to see it's owner.she was of average height,petite but busty. Her skin tone ebony, she was immaculately dressed with a light shade of makeup that complimented her beauty and her hair tied behind in a pony tail.

"I am Racheal Amadi, you must be the new student in form 3 east right??"

"Yeah...", I said with finality rather curious.

"Am the head girl, since you'll be getting to see alot of me , I might as well as introduce myself early enough. What was your name again?"

"Andrew".

"Nice to meet you Andrew, you look good".

"Thankyou", I said rather in a whisper. I could feel the heat creeping in my cheeks and a smile escaped my flat face, I was not used to complements.

"You are not that bad yourself", I returned the gesture.

"Thankyou, you are too kind", she said touching my upper arm and I involuntarily flexed so that my arm and muscles became stiff.

"Wow, you are strong", she said rubbing my arm up and down.

'Is she flirting with me, nooo... she can't be, she's just being nice..' ,I thought to my self.

"Do you play any games"she continued cutting my thoughts.

"I used to, not any more", I answered.

"Why??"

I was about to answer when a group of students entered the corridor noisily making Rachael and I look up suddenly towards them.I spotted John amongst them and when he saw me he diverted from the group and walked towards us.

"I'll see you later Andrew", Racheal said her face oblivious of any emotion as she walked away and I noticed tension building up.

"Hi, I see you've met the headgirl", John said with a sarcastic tone in his voice as he looked towards the direction Racheal was headed.

"Yeah , what's the deal between you two?", I asked him as we entered the classroom.

A smirk appeared on his face as he answered.

"We used to date".

"Oh yeah...Johny's a heartbreaker", I said teasing.

"Ladies can't get enough of this", he said pointing to himself from head to toes.

"You are full of yourself", I said and we both laughed as I settled in my seat and he took the seat behind me.

"So, why didn't you come to the party Andrew i invited you to..?

"Sorry , I was a little busy this weekend, I had to run some errands for my dad on saturday",I answered while facing him.

Just then John signaled me to look towards the door. I turned to come face to face with nicole. She was talking to a boy that I did not recognise ...then she laughed. Her laughter sounded like bells; like the singing of angels; like a harp - any beautiful sound you can think of.

I could see that the guy she was talking to really liked her as he looked at her with affection. Suddenly pangs of jealousy hit me making my throat dry. What does she have on me?.

I stole a glance back at her , She looked lovely, her hair was now braided and made into a burn so that every detail on her face could be seen .I noticed she closed her eyes and tilted her head slightly upwards when she laughed which was both cute and adorable.

"Dude, You have a serious problem"

"What...?", I turned to face John who was giving me a pitiful look.

"Its obvious you like her...", he said trying to coax an answer out of me.

"I don't know what you are talking about",I tried to defend myself.... Was it that obvious?.

"Whatever, did you finish the Kiswahili homework??", he asked dismissing the topic and I was glad he did not push it .

I was about to answer when suddenly.

"Hi Andy?", I clossed my eyes before turning back to look at the source of that sweet voice, if only I could here that voice every day before going to bed , I wouldn't be using sleeping pills to coax myself to sleep.

"Andrew", This time she called my full name , come to think of it I like Andy better coming from her. Whats wrong with me, she suddenly appears and I seem to be carrying porriedge upstairs.

She snapped her two fingers infront my of face.

"Yes...Hi ...am fine ..sorry", 'Stupid Andrew what are you apologizing for..darn'it ', I thought to myself.

"So did you do my sketch? ", She asked rather sweetly and right when I was about to answer her the guy she was talking to at the door suddenly appeared .How did he get here that first without me noticing?.

"Hey Nicki, I forgot to give you this ", he hands her a textbook and gives her a kiss on the cheek.

Right there and then, I swear thoughts of smacking this guy's face to wipe that stupid smirk crawled in my mind. Suddenly he noticed my presence.

"Hi.. you the new guy ..Andy right, Nicki told me about you". He said politely.

"Andrew not Andy", I corrected him.

"Okay Andrew I am Nicki's boyfriend". suddenly Nicole gave him a warning look and he corrected his statement.

"Soon to be her boyfriend, she hasn't accepted me yet but she will...soon". He said smiling at her. Nicole's face was oblivion of any emotion.

Suddenly the waves of jealousy I had experienced started to subside and a glimmer of hope crept in my mind and my chest became warm as I suddenly realised I had a chance.

'A chance to what Andrew...what are you thinking...darn..you can't even say a full sentence to her without blubbering and making a complete fool of yourself.' Thoughts

"I have to go ,Nicki see you at recess",

Then he turned to me, "The name's Carlos Umtiti By the way nice meeting you ,catch you later", and with that he was already heading towards the door.

_____*end of this chapter*_______