Chapter 5 - ↑CLICHÉ↓

This chapter dedicated to my campus family ( Cameraderie, la familia):

◀▶◀▶◀▶◀▶◀▶◀▶◀▶◀▶◀▶◀▶◀▶◀▶◀▶

Dear reader,

Just so you know, in this chapter I have broken a few english grammatical writting rules in order to suit my independent style.

I hope you'll still enjoy.
Don't forget to vote and comment.

------------------------------------------------------

Nicoles P.O.V

I saw Andrew next to Perry conversing. I was begining to like his quiet personality. He seemed different at least compared to what I was used to everyday from the endless line of guys that tried anything so as to please me ...cliché...

I wasn't planning on seating beside him ,and I thought I'll just say Hi and be on my way to my usual spot in the school pitch... with my friends. I dragged Vivica and Avalon along with me.

"Hey Nicole where're you going?...our spot's over there", Avalon said as she pointed towards our usual spot.

Avalon was a slightly above average girl in the beauty department, petite and she had flawless beautiful skin who had befriended me when we joined form one together during the first week. I knew she benefited a lot from befriending me as she could finally share the spotlight in my popularity. Her hair was always styled differently everyday and I always thought she kept a hair styling journal for her different looks. She always wore heavy makeup and surprisingly she pulled it of...it was her thing.
What made me not to be so fond of her was the fact that she was carlos' agent. Always trying to coax me to get into Carlos' 'box'  . She was always bringing messages from him...Carlos this...Carlos that..uughh...it really get on my nerves.

Vivica on the other hand was a quite chubby pretty face with well defined curves...where Avalons features were quite and subtle, Vivica, like her name was vivacious. She had a great personality and I liked her a little bit more than Avalon. But sadly, this two were only my friends...my best friend was Jade Vali Ade.

"I'm just going to say Hi to someone and we'll be on our way", I replied Avalon's question.

Vivica didn't seem to mind at all and followed meekly.

"Hi ",I greeted Andrew who was currently turned and talking to his friend.

I sat next to him, I don't know exactly why... But there was something about him that made me to want to draw closer to him, so I sat next to him, excitement building in my torso.

I asked him if he was going to stay after school and he agreed. For some unknown reason I was growing fond of him, he was tall, lean, dark and handsome...at least that's what Vivica thought.

The match then started and the girls and I couldn't go to our usual spot as the whole area around the pitch was crowded and we couldn't manoeuvre our way through the crowd.

We had no choice but to stay put and I sat next to Andrew during the whole game.

Then as I was cheering for the school team I felt his eyes on me. I looked at him and suddenly felt as if a whole zoo had invaded my stomach and I blushed...he made me blush...It was a new and exiting feeling as my cheeks became warm and I couldn't stop smiling.

He looked away as soon as he had looked at me. When he had looked at me, his look had bore into mine. It was as if he was trying to communicate something, but the message was blurred to me.

The rest of the match continued without much conversation between us. I enjoyed his company even with the silence between us.

The match finally ended.

"Nicole, lets go to the common room",Avalon said to me.I had even forgotten my two friends were with me while in Andrew's company.

"Oh ...okay Avy", I said to Avalon as I stood up, turning to Andrew.

"See you later in the common room."

He nodded in affirmation and I walked away towards the common room.

I was walking and chatting heartily with Avalon and Vivica when suddenly,

"Nicki."

Only one person in school called me that.

"Hey girls I'll catch up with you later",I told the Avalon and Vivica.

"Hi carlos", Avalon couldn't resist but greet him as she turned to walk away towards the common room.

"Hi," Carlos returned the greeting.The girls then left and I was left alone with him.

"You look pretty ...as always",he complimented.

"Thanks.... Nice game by the way".I complemented him genuinely.

"Hey, can we go somewhere and talk...?"

"Let's go in there then", I told him pointing towards the common room.

We walked towards the room, upon entering the room the atmosphere was full of exitement as some students were dancing in the open space, a make shift dance-floor, while some sat in groups talking and having fun.

I immediately excused myself to the ladies room signaling Carlos to save a seat for me.

When I came back and immediately opened the door to the common room, the first thing that caught my eye was the sight of Carlos and Avalon on the dance-floor, grinding on each other beside other couples.

I walked in and was about to seat down when suddenly I saw Andrew and Perry talking as they watched the ratchet students on the dance-floor. I walked towards them.

"You made it Andy."

"I had to see what goes on around here you know." Andrew said referring to the students on the dance-floor.

"Well am glad that you did."

I said and was shocked with my honesty, just then Perry excused himself and went towards Jade who was seated alone near the large window.

I looked around for any empty seats and saw two near the entrance.

"Let's sit over there",I told Andrew pointing to the empty seats.

Immediately we settled down, Andrew faced me and looked straight into my eyes with his intense large dark-brown eyes, a serious look on his face and I suddenly felt as if my heart had shifted to my throat and I swallowed hard.Then he spoke.

"I need to tell you something..."

_____*end of this chapter*_______